‘It Just Went Poof’: The Strange Aftermath of Virginia’s Cascade of Political Scandals

Nov 2016
USA
Well where are they? Because right now it looks like the left doesn't really give a shit.
The right certainly doesn’t give a shit when one of their tribe behaves badly, but they hypocritically scream and holler when someone on the left is accused of sexual harassment, and hypocritically demand that the left scram and holler about it, in a do as we say not as we do fashion.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I don’t remember seeing protests against trump, Moore or Kavanaugh from the right, so spare me the selective outrage.
The right certainly doesn’t give a shit when one of their tribe behaves badly, but they hypocritically scream and holler when someone on the left is accused of sexual harassment, and hypocritically demand that the left scram and holler about it, in a do as we say not as we do fashion.
Thank you for admitting that this is strictly aboit partisan advantage for you.
However, media outlets are not supposed to be partisan and here we are with the media dropping the story for no reason.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Lol ok. Media just drops the story and we'll pretend that has no effect on the voters.
Voters voted in Trump despite the Access Hollywood tape. How come the left won't shut up about that?
Prove that they just "dropped" the story.

Again, headlines for days.

I have no idea why again, you are so obsessed by what the voters in VA apparently want.

Really the "left" should shut up about sexual assault?

Reactions: NightSwimmer
Nov 2016
USA
Thank you for admitting that this is strictly aboit partisan advantage for you.
However, media outlets are not supposed to be partisan and here we are with the media dropping the story for no reason.
I admitted no such thing. You, OTOH, only make an issue of behavior when it’s a chance to trash Democrats, I see.

Nov 2016
USA

I have no idea why again, you are so obsessed by what the voters in VA apparently want.

VA has statewide elections this year. I suspect that’s what this is about. The GOP doesn’t give a rat’s ass about sexual harassment, but these allegations present a golden opportunity that they will exploit during the upcoming statewide election season.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

Read the OP.
Who was the other person in the photo with Northam? How did that picture end up in his yearbook? How did he get the nickname "Coon man"?
There are plenty of questions that the media hasn't even begun to address. They just quietly dropped the story and let Northam and Fairfax of scot free.
And hold on, I thought polling was your standard here. Since one poll said Northam shouldn't reform them that's the end of that. But when voters elected Trump despite the allegations against him, you want to keep harping on them. Which is it? I mean obviously the left is happy to shut up about sexual assault when it comes to Justin Fairfax.

Jun 2014
United States
Read the OP.
Who was the other person in the photo with Northam? How did that picture end up in his yearbook? How did he get the nickname "Coon man"?
There are plenty of questions that the media hasn't even begun to address. They just quietly dropped the story and let Northam and Fairfax of scot free.
And hold on, I thought polling was your standard here. Since one poll said Northam shouldn't reform them that's the end of that. But when voters elected Trump despite the allegations against him, you want to keep harping on them. Which is it? I mean obviously the left is happy to shut up about sexual assault when it comes to Justin Fairfax.

I don't know or care who Justin Fairfax is. I didn't vote for him. DId you?

I do know that he's not the damned POTUS though, is he?

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
VA has statewide elections this year. I suspect that’s what this is about. The GOP doesn’t give a rat’s ass about sexual harassment, but these allegations present a golden opportunity that they will exploit during the upcoming statewide election season.
I'm not seeing where Northam at least is up for re-election next year.

And in the polls I read, blacks were supportive of him. Because to them, he is actually doing things that improve their lives.