‘It Just Went Poof’: The Strange Aftermath of Virginia’s Cascade of Political Scandals

Nov 2016
USA
Reactions: HayJenn

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
And yet they haven't.
And here we have a major news outlet asking why major news outlets dropped the story. Why didn't the guy who wrote the article in the OP just walk over to the politics editor's deal and ask him?

I know they have not.

Again, not up to you or me - it's up the people who live in VA

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
But Macduff, everyone here knows that you're the only human alive who has no character flaws whatsoever, and you can't really be expected to hold every political office. ;)
I'm not perfect. But I can promise you that I never wore blackface or sexually assaulted anyone.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Already have been over this several times.

The actual voters did not want them gone

Right or wrong, that is how they feel

But it's great I guess that some people don't give two craps about the actual people who live in VA and how they feel.

Of course the media not covering it as much as trumps penis could maybe have something to do with that?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't actually care if someone wore blackface in the '70s.
It's weird to me that the week before Northam was talking about killing babies but this is what got him in trouble. I'd also like to know what was up with the "Coonman" nickname. And Northam's response to the whole thing was just bizarre. But of course the media got bored and wandered off before any questions were answered.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
It's weird to me that the week before Northam was talking about killing babies but this is what got him in trouble. I'd also like to know what was up with the "Coonman" nickname. And Northam's response to the whole thing was just bizarre. But of course the media got bored and wandered off before any questions were answered.
Macduff, trust me, I'm used to much worse than this from both the whites and the blacks. I grew up mostly in black areas and wasn't treated very well by anyone. I had to learn how to fight at a very young age, but I would just as soon have no left hook and no animosity.

I would (and have) said the same thing many times about Republicans. People on this site know that - I'm just not bent out of shape by young people in the '70 wearing blackface.