‘J. Edgar Hoover-style’: Byron York questions if the NYT article ‘is about Trump, or about FBI malfeasance?’

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Indeed. The stink of FBI malfeasance is all over the Times article. Question is, does the Times realize that.

Here’s the Washington Examiner’s Byron York on that explosive NYT story published tonight reporting that the FBI began a counterintelligence investigation of President Trump after he fired James Comey as FBI director:

*see list of Byron York tweets that follow this paragraph at the link

York also notes that the pro-Russia changes in the 2016 GOP platform cited in the NYT article as one of the reasons why the FBI suspected Russia was controlling Trump is not what it seems:

'J. Edgar Hoover-style': Byron York questions if the NYT article 'is about Trump, or about FBI malfeasance?'

Jul 2014
CA
Then Bryon York didn't bother to read the actual NTY article.

The "investigation" started way before Comey "bungled" anything.

Mr. Trump had caught the attention of F.B.I. counterintelligence agents when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016 to hack into the emails of his opponent, Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump had refused to criticize Russia on the campaign trail, praising President Vladimir V. Putin. And investigators had watched with alarm as the Republican Party softened its convention platform on the Ukraine crisis in a way that seemed to benefit Russia.

In the months before the 2016 election, the F.B.I. was also already investigating four of Mr. Trump’s associates over their ties to Russia. The constellation of events disquieted F.B.I. officials who were simultaneously watching as Russia’s campaign unfolded to undermine the presidential election by exploiting existing divisions among Americans.

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Or as the former counsel to the FBI put it

A lot of the criticism seems to be driven by the notion that the FBI’s investigation was, and is, an effort to undermine or discredit President Trump. That assumption is wrong. The FBI’s investigation must be viewed in the context of the bureau’s decades-long effort to detect, disrupt and defeat the intelligence activities of the governments of the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation that are contrary to the fundamental and long-term interests of the United States. The FBI’s counterintelligence investigation regarding the 2016 campaign fundamentally was not about Donald Trump but was about Russia. Full stop. It was always about Russia. It was about what Russia was, and is, doing and planning. Of course, if that investigation revealed that anyone—Russian or American—committed crimes in connection with Russian intelligence activities or unlawfully interfered with the investigation, the FBI has an obligation under the law to investigate such crimes and to seek to bring those responsible to justice. The FBI’s enduring counterintelligence mission is the reason the Russia investigation will, and should, continue—no matter who is fired, pardoned or impeached (emphasis added).

What if the Obstruction Was the Collusion? On the New York Times’s Latest Bombshell

Nice try though - sorry you "attempts" never seem to pan out.

Jul 2016
DS9
Indeed. The stink of FBI malfeasance is all over the Times article. Question is, does the Times realize that.

Here’s the Washington Examiner’s Byron York on that explosive NYT story published tonight reporting that the FBI began a counterintelligence investigation of President Trump after he fired James Comey as FBI director:

*see list of Byron York tweets that follow this paragraph at the link

York also notes that the pro-Russia changes in the 2016 GOP platform cited in the NYT article as one of the reasons why the FBI suspected Russia was controlling Trump is not what it seems:

'J. Edgar Hoover-style': Byron York questions if the NYT article 'is about Trump, or about FBI malfeasance?'
Like clockwork

Dec 2014
The Milky Way

Wrong again. The OP is about this N Y Times article. That article is the topic. That article begins:

In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests ...
(emphasis added)

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Funny, Rod Rosenstein wrote the memo as to why Comey deserved to be fired. Yet not only has Rosenestein not recused himself, but why wasn't he also put under investigation for that memo recommending Comey's firing? Coup, there's your answer.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
CA
The New York Times admitted in their report that there is no evidence that the Trump campaign EVER had any contact with Russian government officials.
The New York Times buried this nugget in the 9th paragraph in their sensational report.

HIGH TREASON: NY Times Reveals Formation of Active FBI Coup Against President Trump Based on Outlandish Rumors
Old, old story that they later retracted.

And seriously, Twitchy?

Jul 2011
Tennessee

The "investigation" started way before Comey "bungled" anything.

Mr. Trump had caught the attention of F.B.I. counterintelligence agents when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016 to hack into the emails of his opponent, Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump had refused to criticize Russia on the campaign trail, praising President Vladimir V. Putin. And investigators had watched with alarm as the Republican Party softened its convention platform on the Ukraine crisis in a way that seemed to benefit Russia.

In the months before the 2016 election, the F.B.I. was also already investigating four of Mr. Trump’s associates over their ties to Russia. The constellation of events disquieted F.B.I. officials who were simultaneously watching as Russia’s campaign unfolded to undermine the presidential election by exploiting existing divisions among Americans.

Or as the former counsel to the FBI put it

A lot of the criticism seems to be driven by the notion that the FBI’s investigation was, and is, an effort to undermine or discredit President Trump. That assumption is wrong. The FBI’s investigation must be viewed in the context of the bureau’s decades-long effort to detect, disrupt and defeat the intelligence activities of the governments of the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation that are contrary to the fundamental and long-term interests of the United States. The FBI’s counterintelligence investigation regarding the 2016 campaign fundamentally was not about Donald Trump but was about Russia. Full stop. It was always about Russia. It was about what Russia was, and is, doing and planning. Of course, if that investigation revealed that anyone—Russian or American—committed crimes in connection with Russian intelligence activities or unlawfully interfered with the investigation, the FBI has an obligation under the law to investigate such crimes and to seek to bring those responsible to justice. The FBI’s enduring counterintelligence mission is the reason the Russia investigation will, and should, continue—no matter who is fired, pardoned or impeached (emphasis added).

What if the Obstruction Was the Collusion? On the New York Times’s Latest Bombshell

Nice try though - sorry you "attempts" never seem to pan out.
Doesn't the NYT article state an investigation started after Comey was fired?