‘They were threatening me and my family’: Tucker Carlson’s home targeted by protesters

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
“I called my wife,” Carlson told The Washington Post in a phone interview. “She had been in the kitchen alone getting ready to go to dinner and she heard pounding on the front door and screaming. ... Someone started throwing himself against the front door and actually cracked the front door.”
According to now-deleted social media posts shared by Smash Racism D.C., a local anti-fascist organization whose members have been tied to other demonstrations against prominent Republican figures, activists showed up outside Carlson’s home Wednesday and they had a message for him.
“Tucker Carlson, we are outside your home,” one person could be heard saying in the since-deleted video. The person, using a bullhorn, accused Carlson of “promoting hate” and “an ideology that has led to thousands of people dying.”

“We want you to know, we know where you sleep at night,” the person concluded, before leading the group to chant, “Tucker Carlson, we will fight! We know where you sleep at night!”

Roughly 20 people had gathered outside Carlson’s residence, said Lt. Jon Pongratz of the D.C. police. Authorities received a call at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and responded “within a few minutes,” Pongratz told The Post.

Carlson said the protesters had blocked off both ends of his street and carried signs that listed his home address. The group called Carlson a “racist scumbag" and demanded that he “leave town,” according to posts on Twitter. A woman was also overheard in one of the deleted videos saying she wanted to “bring a pipe bomb” to his house, he said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...argeted-by-protesters/?utm_term=.756bc592973e

This is not free speech. This is threats and intimidation.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
You are very correct. This is not "free speech". May actually qualify as assault.

But in our current polarized political culture i am fully expecting some to defend the actions...

Jul 2014
midwest
Who will be surprised when the person responsible for publishing Carlson's address get's his/her address published?

Seems like the next step in the escalation...