“Fake” news thread # 141896

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Fake news is a term many right wingers here use ad nauseam. Whenever I see that term, I automatically know that the news source they are referring to is one that isn’t extreme on republican views. It is simply a diversionary tactic when they don’t want to hear the truth.
What is a news source that is “real” news to conservatives?
To me, news is news. A house is on fire on Main Street. A person was shot last night. A wreck is holding up traffic on I-10. That’s news. Do the reporters have opinions? Of course, as is their right. That has nothing to do with the news...the story. CNN is the big enemy of the right, but they let FOX news report biased stories 24/7.
News is simply information about what is happening. If Trump is shown in a negative light, maybe he should behave better. It’s not the fault of CNN that he’s a jackass. It’s his own fault.

Just stop with the tired old fake news bullshit. It’s not only inaccurate, it makes the user sound stupid.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
Fake news is a term many right wingers here use ad nauseam. Whenever I see that term, I automatically know that the news source they are referring to is one that isn’t extreme on republican views. It is simply a diversionary tactic when they don’t want to hear the truth.
What is a news source that is “real” news to conservatives?
To me, news is news. A house is on fire on Main Street. A person was shot last night. A wreck is holding up traffic on I-10. That’s news. Do the reporters have opinions? Of course, as is their right. That has nothing to do with the news...the story. CNN is the big enemy of the right, but they let FOX news report biased stories 24/7.
News is simply information about what is happening. If Trump is shown in a negative light, maybe he should behave better. It’s not the fault of CNN that he’s a jackass. It’s his own fault.

Just stop with the tired old fake news bullshit. It’s not only inaccurate, it makes the user sound stupid.
And ignorant. They don’t have a valid counterpoint so they attempt to minimize, normalize, shame, mock, belittle, denigrate, and when all else fails, change the subject.

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
Fake news equals the media passing their opinions off as actual news!
I don’t think that’s what’s happening. Conservatives assume that CNN hates anything republican. Last night I saw different. The death of George H.W Bush was reported very well and without any insults or personal opinions...not of a negative nature, anyway. All the guys you hate were nothing but nice about Bush.