“Free” Healthcare in the United States? How?

Nov 2006
Cept everyone will get sub par healthcare, except for the rich, we can still pay out of pocket.
Do you just tell the doctor that you want better care than the next guy so he says sure and charges you more? Thats fucking stupid and we already all get shitty healthcare, about 40th in the world. How do you suppose that all the countries with the best healthcare have some type of UHC but if we were to adopt one our healthcare would get worse? That makes no fucking sense whatsoever. I guess you have to be a fucking ignorant rightwinger to swallow such bullshit.

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Do you just tell the doctor that you want better care than the next guy so he says sure and charges you more? Thats fucking stupid and we already all get shitty healthcare, about 40th in the world. How do you suppose that all the countries with the best healthcare have some type of UHC but if we were to adopt one our healthcare would get worse? That makes no fucking sense whatsoever. I guess you have to be a fucking ignorant rightwinger to swallow such bullshit.

lol....

Jan 2014
south
"Getting rid of private insurance" is not remotely practical.
and I would agree with that. look at the developed nations that have a universal system - they didn't eliminate private insurance. they, along with others, deserve a seat at the table for the creation of any system we choose. think of a healthcare system as a partnership between all parties involved instead of a totally government run and financed program. or, better still, consider it an investment in the present and future welfare of the citizens and the country.

Apr 2012
That is so stupid only a rightwinger could believe them. Why all of a sudden is everyone going to get sick if we have healthcare? And the financial problems people run into now break families, that would end.
That is what other countries have shown us with their universal healthcare systems