“Free” Healthcare in the United States? How?

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
You just have to fear pain while you wait months for treatment
I don't fear my house being sold to pay for my appendix op. Did you know Britain has a four hour limit on waiting time in the ER?
Not in the USA. You can die waiting there, and they step over you for longer than that. (her name was Edith Rodriguez)

Apr 2012
I don't fear my house being sold to pay for my appendix op. Did you know Britain has a four hour limit on waiting time in the ER?
Not in the USA. You can die waiting there, and they step over you for longer than that. (her name was Edith Rodriguez)
Good luck with that. I wasn't talking about emergency rooms

Waiting times for NHS cancer treatment are at worst ever level

Socialized Healthcare Reality Exposed: 30,000 Dead Due To Record Long Hospital Waiting Times

Patients forced to wait twice as long when GP calls for paramedics

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
The U.K. Version is horrid... Frankly, their system should be considered a crime against humanity.

Too many examples.

Canada's system is at least mostly well handled, and because the US system next has some solid competition for results.

Feb 2010
Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
The U.K. Version is horrid... Frankly, their system should be considered a crime against humanity.

Too many examples.

Canada's system is at least mostly well handled, and because the US system next has some solid competition for results.
You know why it's doing less well? Ten years of slow starvation of funding by the Conservative government at less than inflation. A change in the law, mandating service contract renewals are denied to in-house bidders. The NHS is being run down to be sold off to American bidders

Apr 2012
You know why it's doing less well? Ten years of slow starvation of funding by the Conservative government at less than inflation. A change in the law, mandating service contract renewals are denied to in-house bidders. The NHS is being run down to be sold off to American bidders
Because it is government run. You as always want to make it partisan. Governments are inefficient and suck at running public industries.

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Frankly, I don't know enough of the inner politics of Britain to chime in, I only wind up stumbling across horror stories about it.

Like getting a Tylenol pack for strep throat, or operable brain tumour surgery delayed for 6 months, etc...

Jul 2011
UK/Australia

Too many examples.

Not according to the independent arbitrator - The World Health Organisation. Canada is amongst the worst of the UHC systems extant - it is ranked 30th only seven ranks above the USA - which is 37th. The UK's system is not at the top - but it is ranked 18th - well above Canada and the USA.

World Health Organization's Ranking of the World's Health Systems

France and Italy top the rankings, and it is interesting that the insurance-based German system does not do all that well - at 25th - either.

Perhaps a touch of confirmation bias in your reference material? ;)

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
Not according to the independent arbitrator - The World Health Organisation. Canada is amongst the worst of the UHC systems extant - it is ranked 30th only seven ranks above the USA - which is 37th. The UK's system is not at the top - but it is ranked 18th - well above Canada and the USA.

World Health Organization's Ranking of the World's Health Systems

France and Italy top the rankings, and it is interesting that the insurance-based German system does not do all that well - at 25th - either.

Perhaps a touch of confirmation bias in your reference material? ;)
There was a period when there was a disparity in doctors pay where they would go to the us to practice. I'm not saying it's without flaws, but the stories of people dying in wait are virtually non-existent.

They probably lose points in that there are regularly delays on non-essential procedures. My position is as objective as possible given all the evidence I'm aware of, was really just stating opinion though.