“Free” Healthcare in the United States? How?

Jul 2011
UK/Australia
There was a period when there was a disparity in doctors pay where they would go to the us to practice. I'm not saying it's without flaws, but the stories of people dying in wait are virtually non-existent.

They probably lose points in that there are regularly delays on non-essential procedures. My position is as objective as possible given all the evidence I'm aware of, was really just stating opinion though.
I understand your position - we are all dependent upon published opinion in many ways. However, a published statement such as "The U.K. Version is horrid... Frankly, their system should be considered a crime against humanity" does not appear to be a carefully considered position based upon objective evidence, particularly when articulated by someone who may not have had first hand experience of the matter, and who has not quoted his evidence. It is for that reason I made a comment. :)

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
I understand your position - we are all dependent upon published opinion in many ways. However, a published statement such as "The U.K. Version is horrid... Frankly, their system should be considered a crime against humanity" does not appear to be a carefully considered position based upon objective evidence, particularly when articulated by someone who may not have had first hand experience of the matter, and who has not quoted his evidence. It is for that reason I made a comment. :)
If I wasn't so regularly hearing the horror stories of people effectively left to die, and even treatments for stuff that is pretty mundane being allowed to fester while waiting to be processed through the system.

Apr 2012
Not according to the independent arbitrator - The World Health Organisation. Canada is amongst the worst of the UHC systems extant - it is ranked 30th only seven ranks above the USA - which is 37th. The UK's system is not at the top - but it is ranked 18th - well above Canada and the USA.

World Health Organization's Ranking of the World's Health Systems

France and Italy top the rankings, and it is interesting that the insurance-based German system does not do all that well - at 25th - either.

Perhaps a touch of confirmation bias in your reference material? ;)
Read the links I posted. It is in trouble. Government healthcare does not work

Jul 2011
UK/Australia
Read the links I posted. It is in trouble. Government healthcare does not work
Not according to the World Health Organisation - one of the few objective bodies which has all the relevant statistical information. But much depends upon what is meant by government healthcare, in itself - a catchall phrase. The NHS is one form of UHC, whereas the Australian system of Medicare is another wherein practically the only role of the state lies in its being the single payer. With few exceptions, the Australian medical profession consists of private practitioners.

Apr 2012
Not according to the World Health Organisation - one of the few objective bodies which has all the relevant statistical information. But much depends upon what is meant by government healthcare, in itself - a catchall phrase. The NHS is one form of UHC, whereas the Australian system of Medicare is another wherein practically the only role of the state lies in its being the single payer. With few exceptions, the Australian medical profession consists of private practitioners.
They are the united nations so they have no credibility. The UN is about politics not people

Nov 2008
Washington state
There is no free healthcare. A politician might claim that to get elected, but really what would happen is taxes would be raised to pay for it. I have talked to people in Canada and Switzerland that have government healthcare. Both of those countries have higher tax rates then America to pay for their healthcare. Both countries governments control cost of healthcare and medicines as well. Both people I know are fairly happy except the Canadian was turned down on a hernia operation because it wasn’t life threatening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 2014
south
There is no free healthcare. A politician might claim that to get elected, but really what would happen is taxes would be raised to pay for it. I have talked to people in Canada and Switzerland that have government healthcare. Both of those countries have higher tax rates then America to pay for their healthcare. Both countries governments control cost of healthcare and medicines as well. Both people I know are fairly happy except the Canadian was turned down on a hernia operation because it wasn’t life threatening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yet you and others bought the line of a free wall at the Mexican border paid for by Mexico. I find that ironic.