1/2 of Floridians want Bush, Rubio To Drop Out Of The GOP Primary Race--

Jun 2013
VA
Poll: Half of Floridians say Bush, Rubio should drop out | TheHill

DAYYYYYY-UM.....that's harsh.

Not that they'll likely do it, atleast not Jebbers. If Bush and Rubio dropped out?....and Trump fades or implodes, the Republican Party would only have John Kasich to run as a sane Nominee. And it's going to take yeoman's work to build up Kasich, even though he's gaining.

No, expect Baby Bush and Water Bottle Boy to stay in it, until Jeb wins the Nomination....and then picks Marco as his Veep. :)

Jun 2014
United States
Poll: Half of Floridians say Bush, Rubio should drop out | TheHill

DAYYYYYY-UM.....that's harsh.

Not that they'll likely do it, atleast not Jebbers. If Bush and Rubio dropped out?....and Trump fades or implodes, the Republican Party would only have John Kasich to run as a sane Nominee. And it's going to take yeoman's work to build up Kasich, even though he's gaining.

No, expect Baby Bush and Water Bottle Boy to stay in it, until Jeb wins the Nomination....and then picks Marco as his Veep. :)

Kasich has more gravitas than does Rubio, although that isn't saying much. Rubio has nothing going for him beyond his Hispanic genealogy.

Jun 2013
VA
Kasich has more gravitas than does Rubio, although that isn't saying much. Rubio has nothing going for him beyond his Hispanic genealogy.
I've felt that the RNC is simply "grooming" Rubio....for a Veep slot. Sort of a "Cuban Dan Quayle", who's supposed to be the "fresh, YOUNG face of conservatism going into the 21st Century".

I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a LOT of buzz about Veep, once the RNC anoints its Nominee (Bush or Kasich).

Jun 2014
United States
I've felt that the RNC is simply "grooming" Rubio....for a Veep slot. Sort of a "Cuban Dan Quayle", who's supposed to be the "fresh, YOUNG face of conservatism going into the 21st Century".

I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a LOT of buzz about Veep, once the RNC anoints its Nominee (Bush or Kasich).

Rubio and Fiorina are probably the top VP candidates -- for obvious reasons.

Jun 2013
VA
Rubio and Fiorina are probably the top VP candidates -- for obvious reasons.
1. Rubio....yes. Again, the GOP hasn't forgotten it's "2012 Autopsy Report" which told it that it HAD to start reaching out to Latino voters, or face demographic doom in the next 20 years. So....Rubio was promoted....given a State of the Union response (which was the infamous "water bottle" incident)....made GOP front-man for the Gang of 8 immigration reform.....touted by Sean Hannity and others....

then? It all imploded. The Nativist and racist Base balked at the Senate immigration reform.....Rubio was labelled a "pro-amnesty traitor"...and he sank like a rock. Even Hannity had to back off from his endless apologia for Rubio and when they spoke?....they NEVER brought up immigration reform, or Rubio had to do the "Well, before we do ANYTHING...we gotta secure the border" routine.

But the RNC still hasn't forgotten that "Autopsy Report"....and having a "cute, young Latino" as a Vice-Presidential nominee, out there saying "tax cuts" "God and morality" and "get tough with Iran"....in SPANISH...to Latino voters.

2. Fiorina is ONLY in it for the Primaries. Even if Hillary is the Dem Nominee....she's too inexperienced and her track record on running for elected office is 0-1.

Jun 2014
United States
2. Fiorina is ONLY in it for the Primaries. Even if Hillary is the Dem Nominee....she's too inexperienced and her track record on running for elected office is 0-1.

I can't believe that you'd offer that critique regarding a political party that ran Sarah Palin as a vice presidential candidate.

She may not have any experience in governing, but she has the correct plumbing and, unlike Sarah, she doesn't suffer from chronic verbal diarrhea.

Jun 2013
VA
I can't believe that you'd offer that critique regarding a political party that ran Sarah Palin as a vice presidential candidate.

She may not have any experience in governing, but she has the correct plumbing and, unlike Sarah, she doesn't suffer from chronic verbal diarrhea.
The GOP doesn't need the women's vote as much as they need the Latino vote. That's why I think it would be Rubio over Fiorina.....and likely WILL BE Rubio.

Plus, if they drop the abortion stuff, like "mandatory vaginal ultrasounds", that helps a lot more than putting Fiorina on the ticket.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
The GOP doesn't need the women's vote as much as they need the Latino vote. That's why I think it would be Rubio over Fiorina.....and likely WILL BE Rubio.

Plus, if they drop the abortion stuff, like "mandatory vaginal ultrasounds", that helps a lot more than putting Fiorina on the ticket.

Depends on who gets the nod. If Bush ends up getting it, he doesn't need a latino VP, he would do better with a Susan Collins on the ticket. If Kasich wins, then maybe someone like Susana Martinez. If it ends up being Trump, all bets are off. I have heard rumors of everyone from Guiliani to Cuban.

Jun 2014
United States
Depends on who gets the nod. If Bush ends up getting it, he doesn't need a latino VP, he would do better with a Susan Collins on the ticket. If Kasich wins, then maybe someone like Susana Martinez. If it ends up being Trump, all bets are off. I have heard rumors of everyone from Guiliani to Cuban.

I heard that Trump was considering Gary Busey.