1/3rd Predict/Worry of Civil War ++

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...olence-from-trump-haters-31-predict-civil-war

The division in the United States that has escalated into the organized harassment of presidential aides has six in 10 worried about the violence from anti-Trump advocates and nearly a third fearing it will end in civil war.The latest survey from Rasmussen Reports found that 59 percent of all voters “are concerned that those opposed to President Trump’s policies will resort to violence.”
And, added Rasmussen, 31 percent believe “it’s likely that the United States will experience a second civil war sometime in the next five years.”
This was trending this morning - although the stories appear to be mainly from meh publications, it is an interesting poll.

I'm not sure how you feel about it and I'd like to hear it. My mind isn't made up but I do have opinion of my own, which is: we are taking this too seriously if either there is a chance at civil war or that politics is important enough to physically fight one another. If it goes that far then we've gone too far. All of us.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
31 percent believe “it’s likely that the United States will experience a second civil war sometime in the next five years.”
must be nice having the luxury to worry about civil war. I have to worry about mundane stuff such as my the health of my family members, having to buy an new central ac system within the next year, the tiny leak in the sunroom, etc. :concern:

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I wrote about this too: http://politicalhotwire.com/political-discussion/195843-soft-civil-war.html

Just really striking similarities for me, Russia and US, today. Split political camps. Over there too, Putinites and Opposition supporters are totally polarized, they won't work together or date each other, etc. They disagree on EVERYTHING, from Crimea to the national soccer team. Families getting split by it.

It's crazy, on both sides of the ocean. I have no recipe how to fix it...

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...olence-from-trump-haters-31-predict-civil-war

This was trending this morning - although the stories appear to be mainly from meh publications, it is an interesting poll.

I'm not sure how you feel about it and I'd like to hear it. My mind isn't made up but I do have opinion of my own, which is: we are taking this too seriously if either there is a chance at civil war or that politics is important enough to physically fight one another. If it goes that far then we've gone too far. All of us.
I don't know about all of us. I intend to lay low and hope nobody notices me, as I am very short.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
must be nice having the luxury to worry about civil war. I have to worry about mundane stuff such as my the health of my family members, having to buy an new central ac system within the next year, the tiny leak in the sunroom, etc. :concern:
I think that about sums it up for me, too.

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
I wrote about this too: http://politicalhotwire.com/political-discussion/195843-soft-civil-war.html

Just really striking similarities for me, Russia and US, today. Split political camps. Over there too, Putinites and Opposition supporters are totally polarized, they won't work together or date each other, etc. They disagree on EVERYTHING, from Crimea to the national soccer team. Families getting split by it.

It's crazy, on both sides of the ocean. I have no recipe how to fix it...
I can't tell if it's different over there or not. We WERE a free country until Trump went to town eroding every civil liberty he could find, appointing idiots to his cabinet to do as much damage as possible - in a word, we're fucked so no, I would never have any desire to speak to a Trump supporter, never mind date one.

They pretty much signed us up for hell.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I don't know about all of us. I intend to lay low and hope nobody notices me, as I am very short.
I'll probably visit Alaska, after the US falls apart in that civil war, and Russia retakes it and install Sarah Palin as their puppet dictator there :D

BDBoop

Former Staff
Dec 2010
Twitter
Right? I COULD worry about the fact that my best friend is dying of congestive heart failure, and is heartbroken because her sister-in-law has inoperable brain cancer. Such a luxury to only worry about the 'little things.'

P.S.: It doesn't work that way.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
The anti-Trump hardcore ANTIFA types have only shown the ability to riot. I can't see them putting together any kind of force that would amount to anything. Besides, those that support Trump would have them outgunned.