100% Chance 100+ Year Climate Change Drought

Jul 2015
Florida
Rainfall will only be 30% to 50% of normal levels. Human activity partly to blame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-collapse-study-finds/?utm_term=.c88038df1422
We are so PAST WHY!! I've been screaming about this for 2 years. God, mother nature or MAN. DOES NOT MATTER! God nor mother nature are going to change 'their behaviour'. WE must accommodate! I'd like to think I might be able to live here in Florida and not be swimming with the sharks until after I'm dead.

PS You think people are teeming over borders around the world now?? Wait'll they start starving to death because they can't grow food! You ain't seen nothing yet.

Last edited:
Apr 2015
Katmandu
Did you guys open the link?

While analyzing sediment under Lake Chichancanab on the Yucatan Peninsula, scientists found a 50 percent decrease in annual precipitation over more than 100 years, from 800 to 1,000 A.D. At times, the study shows, the decrease was as much as 70 percent. Previous studies have shown that the Mayans’ deforestation may have also contributed. Deforestation tends to decrease the amount of moisture and destabilize the soil.
A good carbon cap and trade scheme could have prevented all that.

Nov 2017
Colorado
We are so PAST WHY!! I've been screaming about this for 2 years. God, mother nature or MAN. DOES NOT MATTER! God nor mother nature are going to change 'their behaviour'. WE must accommodate!

PS You think people are teeming over borders around the world now?? Wait'll they start starving to death because they can't grow food! You ain't seen nothing yet.
Can't grow food ... don't have water.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Did you guys open the link?

A good carbon cap and trade scheme could have prevented all that.
Ever wonder why the tribes on Easter Island went extinct? Hint: it was caused by human activity. What humans did on a local scale centuries ago, we are now able to do on a world wide scale since we have over 7 billion scratching and clawing an existence out of a limited amount of natural resources. Common sense says conservation and environmental protection are going to be absolutely necessary if we are to survive. What makes conservatives think raping the planet of every scrap of oil, coal, natural gas, wood, fresh water and arable land is the best way to operate for the long term?

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Ever wonder why the tribes on Easter Island went extinct? Hint: it was caused by human activity. What humans did on a local scale centuries ago, we are now able to do on a world wide scale since we have over 7 billion scratching and clawing an existence out of a limited amount of natural resources. Common sense says conservation and environmental protection are going to be absolutely necessary if we are to survive. What makes conservatives think raping the planet of every scrap of oil, coal, natural gas, wood, fresh water and arable land is the best way to operate for the long term?
The primary driver is population growth, yet most government policies encourage population growth.