14 Year Old Carrying Toy AK Gunned Down By Cops

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
Sonoma County Deputies Shoot, Kill Boy Carrying Replica Assault Rifle | NBC Bay Area

. Two sheriff’s deputies shot and killed a 13-year-old boy carrying a replica assault rifle -- who they say wouldn’t drop it -- prompting outrage and grief in the typically quiet Northern California city of Santa Rosa.

Doesn't look like this kid had a chance. And does it even matter, nothing will change. We've even legalized murder in Florida and North Carolina for all practical purposes.

Mar 2008
The last place I lost my keys.
This is indeed a tragedy. The young man was probably going out to play airsoft with his friends. He had his back to the officers, probably had no idea they were addressing him, and he just turned to see what the commotion was all about. The cops were already on alert seeing the toy rifle, they made a bad decision. At least that is what I get from the article.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
This is indeed a tragedy. The young man was probably going out to play airsoft with his friends. He had his back to the officers, probably had no idea they were addressing him, and he just turned to see what the commotion was all about. The cops were already on alert seeing the toy rifle, they made a bad decision. At least that is what I get from the article.
That's how I took it.

Aug 2012
Greenridge Free State
As a lifelong firearms user, I am against airsoft and paintball or any other "game" were a gun-like object launches a projectile at a human being.

Against laser tag too, though it seems grandparents bought it for the kids once.

Anyway, very stupid to be out in American Idol Nation, with its militarized police, carrying a look-a-like gun.

I feel very sorry for all involved in this tragedy of errors.

Apr 2013
Alabama
As a lifelong firearms user, I am against airsoft and paintball or any other "game" were a gun-like object launches a projectile at a human being.

Against laser tag too, though it seems grandparents bought it for the kids once.

Anyway, very stupid to be out in American Idol Nation, with its militarized police, carrying a look-a-like gun.

I feel very sorry for all involved in this tragedy of errors.
I love me some paintball. haven't tried airsoft yet. but I don't walk around carrying the gun. If you don't have a case, put it in a bag. still, looks like another example of cops humping the bunk.

the really sad thing is: In general, being a cop is no longer a valued profession that attracts high quality individuals. It's just another low pay/high risk job that has nothing to attract the best and the brightest.

Mar 2008
The last place I lost my keys.
That's how I took it.
My sons are big airsoft players. The guns they use are very authentic looking, even down to the weight. We have had plenty of discussions about safety, only taking them out of the case on the field, keeping the day-glow orange tip intact, etc. I can see how they could easily be mistaken for the real thing.

Aug 2012
Greenridge Free State
I love me some paintball. haven't tried airsoft yet. but I don't walk around carrying the gun. If you don't have a case, put it in a bag. still, looks like another example of cops humping the bunk.

the really sad thing is: In general, being a cop is no longer a valued profession that attracts high quality individuals. It's just another low pay/high risk job that has nothing to attract the best and the brightest.
I gave up pointing things at people when I gave up cap pistols, back in the late '50's.

Of course, I am a deer hunter, well familiar with what a gun does.

In fact, my hunting partner killed his first buck this morning, and I had to show him how to clean it.

One time only; hope he remembers.