19 dead, 20 wounded in ANOTHER mass knifing.

libertariat720

Former Staff
Oct 2015
ohio
At least 19 killed, about 20 injured in knifing near Tokyo

Japans gun control did not stop this. Those stabbed to death are happy that at least they weren't shot. It's about crime and mental health. I am not against all gun regulation, but I am against meaningless overtures to appease gun control activists that will have no meaningful impact on crime.
You are correct sir, it's about crime and mental health, not the tools people use to kill other people.

That's actually a very shallow way of thinking about the issue. The gun control advocates need to go deeper, and look at the root of the issues. Rather than using the victims of mass murders as political footballs in order to further restrict our rights. It's all about power and control. Every totalitarian government first took away its people's guns.

Lunchboxxy

Apr 2010
Oregon
No one said you could prevent all violence. How often does this sort of thing happen in Japan? How often is there a mass shooting in the US?

Reactions: 3 people
Mar 2010
Indiana
At least 19 killed, about 20 injured in knifing near Tokyo

Japans gun control did not stop this. Those stabbed to death are happy that at least they weren't shot. It's about crime and mental health. I am not against all gun regulation, but I am against meaningless overtures to appease gun control activists that will have no meaningful impact on crime.
But you can't deny it's a lot easier to kill people and to kill more people in a short amount of time with a firearm that is designed to do just that. That's all some of us are asking for is a ban on killing machine type guns.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jan 2012
Vacaville, CA
Per the linked story:

At least 19 people were killed and about 20 wounded in a knife attack Tuesday at a facility for the handicapped

Apparently, the large number of fatalities was related to the fact that the victims could not flee or defend themselves. Whether it was a gun or knife was irrelevant.

Reactions: 3 people
Jun 2016
Chicago
Per the linked story:

At least 19 people were killed and about 20 wounded in a knife attack Tuesday at a facility for the handicapped

Apparently, the large number of fatalities was related to the fact that the victims could not flee or defend themselves. Whether it was a gun or knife was irrelevant.
Oh, I guess they missed that part of it. Pretty easy to kill a lot of people with a knife if they can't do anything.

Wow- this thread is a massive fail.

Reactions: 4 people

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
No one said you could prevent all violence. How often does this sort of thing happen in Japan? How often is there a mass shooting in the US?
well the odds of you being murdered in Japan is 0.000015/1

in the US 0.000032/1

so 1.5 people out of that many in Japan are murdered out of this many

so you are not that much safer in japan from murder than the us