$200K Per Job? Timothy Geithner Says White House Jobs Plan Is Still a Bargain

Oct 2010
Nov 2009
Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
At $200,000 per job the first stimulus plan of $787 billion should have created almost 4 million jobs. It didn't. Millions of jobs have been lost since that little experiment was tried. Let's stop trying what we now will not work and try something different. Maybe lower taxes and business friendly government for a change.

Yes, that could produce conditions where workers might be taken advantage of, but let's make sure they have a job first before we apply the corrections.

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
At $200,000 per job the first stimulus plan of $787 billion should have created almost 4 million jobs. It didn't. Millions of jobs have been lost since that little experiment was tried. Let's stop trying what we now will not work and try something different. Maybe lower taxes and business friendly government for a change.

Yes, that could produce conditions where workers might be taken advantage of, but let's make sure they have a job first before we apply the corrections.
I have a better idea. The banks haven't released that 2.something trillion yet, what say they do?

I keep saying this, your seeing cronie capitalism. They fought hard for those low rates so they don't default, and now they want to look like they are trying to do something for jobs. It is smoke and fucking mirrors. They want to control the amount of job ALLOWED. It is as obvious as a blue summer sky.

Reactions: nonsqtr
Nov 2009
Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
I have a better idea. The banks haven't released that 2.something trillion yet, what say they do?

I keep saying this, your seeing cronie capitalism. They fought hard for those low rates so they don't default, and now they want to look like they are trying to do something for jobs. It is smoke and fucking mirrors. They want to control the amount of job ALLOWED. It is as obvious as a blue summer sky.
All this bank, corporate and individual money sitting on the sidelines will come into play once this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, is gone. 2013 and 2014 ought to be times of great growth for the USA economy.....but not with Bobo, the Post Turtle.

Reactions: Mordent
May 2006
How about we just stop paying our mortgages? If millions of Americans stop paying mortgages, what happens? The banks are leveraged way past their eyeballs on those mortgages, wrapped them up into securities so inscrutable I doubt even they know how they work anymore. If the mortgages dry up en masse, they've got nothing, and they're screwed. Not sure where you land after something like that, but guaranteed, there would be movement!

Should be easy enough. Somebody draft a memo, and we'll all stop paying our mortgages at the same time.

Reactions: wingrider