25 years after the murders: OJ Simpson - "Life is Fine!"

Jul 2014
midwest
Since that jury was mostly black, to them it was payback for Rodney King.

I still remember the pictures.

Most people were like WTH? While black people cheered

Not that he ever did anything for black people anyway.
But, I was not surprised.

So much disparity in the legal teams, that I thought he'd get the "Not Guilty".

Which is not the same as "Innocent".

Cuz we all know he wasn't...

May 2019
midwest
He is like radiation

Nobody wants anything to do with him I'm guessing.

I still remember just where I was when the "verdict" was reached, even 25 years later.
So do I. My dear departed Mother called real upset with the verdict. I told her that prosecution screwed up by letting into evidence O.J. trying on the gloves showing they did not fit. That didn't please her. Her husband and my Father was a lawyer. She should have understood being around the legal profession. I never brought up the subject again and neither did she.
:cool:

Oct 2011
Washington State
(Tomorrow is the 25th anniversary of the slaughter of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. OJ Simpson is reportedly still on the trail....trying to find those rascals who murdered them.)

"LOS ANGELES (AP) — Twenty-five years after the grisly killings that transformed him from Hall of Fame football hero to murder suspect, 71-year-old O.J. Simpson says he is happy and healthy living in Las Vegas, plays golf nearly every day and stays in touch with his children.

“Life is fine,” Simpson recently told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from his home."

AP Exclusive: OJ Simpson says 'Life is fine' after prison

OJ sure got away with one. Sad for the family.

Then I think about all the blacks that were accused of crimes they didn't commit.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
A couple of years ago something triggered me to be "re-interested" in the case. (Not recalling offhand what the trigger was.)

Anyhoo...i went out and read many of the books on the topic. Including the ones by Marcia Clark, Mark Furman, OJ hisself (If I Did It) and maybe another or two. Also watched that mini-series which played on one of the streaming channels.

It really is/was an absolutely fascinating, macabre, surrealistic crime. Lots of theater. A number of major prosecutorial screw-ups. Some brilliant calculations on the part of the defense. The whole event almost doesn't seem real in reflection.

Feb 2007
Colorado
A couple of years ago something triggered me to be "re-interested" in the case. (Not recalling offhand what the trigger was.)

Anyhoo...i went out and read many of the books on the topic. Including the ones by Marcia Clark, Mark Furman, OJ hisself (If I Did It) and maybe another or two. Also watched that mini-series which played on one of the streaming channels.

It really is/was an absolutely fascinating, macabre, surrealistic crime. Lots of theater. A number of major prosecutorial screw-ups. Some brilliant calculations on the part of the defense. The whole event almost doesn't seem real in reflection.

It was a television show.