25 years ago, Moscow burned...

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I wasn’t blaming the guy. I was just asking where he was in life when it was happening
I knew this, but other PHers wonder why, if The Man is so great at political analysis, he didn't just become The Savior.

I wanted to illustrate that this is an annoying question. Eventually, The Man will likely get so fed up he takes his Shiney Thing and just gives up.

Frankly, I'm am shocked he hasn't because nobody reads him. Literally. Most of my posts say things like, wow, I had no idea.

I TRIED bumping his threads. Does not work. Americans like being stupid.

Last edited:
Jan 2016
Colorado
On an entirely different note, it was exactly 61 years ago today that the Soviet Union launched the Space Age with Sputnik I, on October 4, 1957, giving America a high-voltage Sputnik Shock in the process.

Amusingly, much more recently, Sarah Palin claimed that Sputnik 'bankrupted the Soviet Union', even though the Soviet Union continued to plod on for another 35 years after Sputnik.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I knew this, but other PHers wonder why, if The Man is so great at political analysis, he didn't just become The Savior.

I wanted to illustrate that this is an annoying question. Eventually, The Man will likely get so fed up he takes his Whiney Thing and just gives up.

Frankly, I'm am shocked he hasn't because nobody reads him. Literally. Most of my posts say things like, wow, I had no idea.

I TRIED bumping his threads. Does not work. Americans like being stupid.
Not true, plenty of people read me. I don't blame those who have nothing to reply, these are things and issues too far away for most people in the West. Just like I have little to say about stuff going on in India or Africa, except listen to more knowledgeable people tell me about it :)

On an entirely different note, it was exactly 61 years ago today that the Soviet Union launched the Space Age with Sputnik I, on October 4, 1957, giving America a high-voltage Sputnik Shock in the process.

Amusingly, much more recently, Sarah Palin claimed that Sputnik 'bankrupted the Soviet Union', even though the Soviet Union continued to plod on for another 35 years after Sputnik.
True. And first dog, man, and woman in space too lol

But, you guys got to the Moon first later :) (Or, Hollywood did, at least :D)

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm fairly sure this was big news everywhere.

View attachment 17855
I was told reading was now like riding horses. Fun, maybe, but you need to be a member of the leisure class to indulge, and the full flowering of the internet had not happened, and I was told hey, communication will vastly improve, and yet, I am struggling to spell on a tiny keyboard some 50 years after I said fuck it.

I will not write the Great Ameican novel because typing is so hard, and ghen....

Communication is unimprovable, I think.

That, or Steve Jobs was the Antichrist, sent to destroy humanity.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
This one is not bad, if short
I'll see what else I can find...

I'm sure US media tried to downplay it, again, they were all supporting Yeltsin, naturally...
O yes. We are all victims of propaganda. Humanity will never stop that crap.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Not true, plenty of people read me. I don't blame those who have nothing to reply, these are things and issues too far away for most people in the West. Just like I have little to say about stuff going on in India or Africa, except listen to more knowledgeable people tell me about it :)

Is it okay if ask questions?

Are Russian men violent because Russian women find it sexy?

It only gets more un-politically correct from here.

*TRIGGER WARNING*

@HayJenn, @Wonderer

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

Ya no, of all the shit I have been through, the anger I cannot lay to rest is Sarah Palin and I say very regrettable things because I cannot afford any more plates.

This is an actual problem.

Who do we know with a fearsome reputation for cyberspace. Who do we know with a paranoid complex they have weaponized.......

@The Man......

I want to leave breadcrumbs and still be devastatingly unfindable.

Having driven me half out of my mind I was ignoring her because of Trump.

I want her to STFU and be afraid to say another fucking word about politics or children.

Hummmm......

Pause......

O, my guess is the best parent on PH is.....

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Is it okay if ask questions?

Are Russian men violent because Russian women find it sexy?

It only gets more un-politically correct from here.

*TRIGGER WARNING*

@HayJenn, @Wonderer
That's probably a part of it lol

Easily half of the assaults, stabbings, shootings, etc, over there do seem to occur because someone called someone else names in front of that one's girlfriend or wife; and he couldn't just take that, with his lady watching :D

Jan 2016
Colorado

You know, I usually thank your posts, The Man, but it is against my religion to thank any post that gives any credence whatsoever to the barking-at-the-Moon mad conspiracy theory that our six moon landings in the 1969-1974 period were all a big Uncle Sam hoax. It would have been an ENORMOUS propaganda victory for the Soviet Union if they could have EVER shown the world any evidence that this was so, that the Americans had faked it all. They KNEW we had done it, which is WHY they never even tried to convince the world that it was all a fake, a hoax.

Even today, it would be a propaganda victory for Russia and Putin if they could show any evidence that the moon landings were faked.