35 Reasons Why You Should Move Away From California

Sep 2019
Idaho
That is a sad story. Nevertheless, don't move here.
I moved from there many decades ago. I saw the handwriting on the wall or should I say graffiti. As a California native and a descendent of one of the original Californians with multiple locations in California named after him it saddened me to do so but I could see Californians best days were behind it.

Reactions: Izzshemovin
Dec 2015
SoCal
I moved from there many decades ago. I saw the handwriting on the wall or should I say graffiti. As a California native and a descendent of one of the original Californians with multiple locations in California named after him it saddened me to do so but I could see Californians best days were behind it.
Got out in the nick-of-time.

Is your original antecedent named Santa?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Pretty soon Cholera. And Typhus. And TB. Not to mention plague. The Gift from illegals.
No, it's a result of homelessness. Most homeless people are citizens. And a sizable portion are veterans.

Stop demonizing helpless, powerless, innocent people.

"*Skip*

As the data shows us, most of the homeless people you pass on the streets every day are in fact Californians. Some may have rented an apartment or once owned a home in your neighborhood. Now they sleep in an encampment near the freeway you take to work each morning.

“This is a local crisis and a homegrown problem,” said Peter Lynn, the executive director of the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, the agency that conducts the largest homeless census count in the country.

Several years ago, L.A.H.S.A. added a question to its homeless survey that captured how long a person had been in Los Angeles and where they became homeless. The resulting data dispelled the idea that the homeless population was largely made up of people from out of state.

“The vast majority fell into homelessness in L.A. County,” Mr. Lynn said.

L.A.H.S.A.’s 2019 homeless count found that 64 percent of the 58,936 Los Angeles County residents experiencing homelessness had lived in the city for more than 10 years. Less than a fifth (18 percent) said they had lived out of state before becoming homeless.

In San Francisco, 43 percent of the homeless said they had lived in the city for more than 10 years.

*Skip*"

Reactions: BitterPill
Dec 2015
SoCal
No, it's a result of homelessness. Most homeless people are citizens. And a sizable portion are veterans.

"*Skip*

As the data shows us, most of the homeless people you pass on the streets every day are in fact Californians. Some may have rented an apartment or once owned a home in your neighborhood. Now they sleep in an encampment near the freeway you take to work each morning.

“This is a local crisis and a homegrown problem,” said Peter Lynn, the executive director of the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, the agency that conducts the largest homeless census count in the country.

Several years ago, L.A.H.S.A. added a question to its homeless survey that captured how long a person had been in Los Angeles and where they became homeless. The resulting data dispelled the idea that the homeless population was largely made up of people from out of state.

L.A.H.S.A.’s 2019 homeless count found that 64 percent of the 58,936 Los Angeles County residents experiencing homelessness had lived in the city for more than 10 years. Less than a fifth (18 percent) said they had lived out of state before becoming homeless.

In San Francisco, 43 percent of the homeless said they had lived in the city for more than 10 years.

*Skip*"

Homelessness is a vexing problem to say the least. I hear Houston has made some progress:

Why homelessness is going down in Houston but up in Dallas

Although the view on the streets might tell a different story, Houston decreased its homeless population by 54% since 2011, according to an annual census. In Dallas, the trend is the opposite — and housing affordability might make the problem even worse.

Perhaps we should take note.

CtC

Mar 2019
California

"*Skip*

*Skip*"

Helpless? Kate Steinle didn't think so. Neither did Tibbots. Besides ,they are importing TB. A disease almost unknown here for decades.

Reactions: Izzshemovin
Feb 2018
Texas

"*Skip*

*Skip*"

So, why isn't CA directing resources allotted to illegals, toward legal American citizens?

Reactions: spyydrr

CtC

Mar 2019
California
So, why isn't CA directing resources allotted to illegals, toward legal American citizens?
Trump should play the Dems game. Welcome in all illegals. Give 'em welfare and let 'em know the Repubs gave it to them. I bet you would see millions of Antifa at the Border with pitchforks and torches.