35 Reasons Why You Should Move Away From California

Apr 2018
Northern end of Lake Erie
Oh,Yes. Gangs ,gang wars ,dope ,illegals ,smog ,homeless ,and the traffic you mentioned. Filthy beaches. High TAX. Half the population can't speak English or do simple math. Yeah. Great place. I am hoping MY half of the State pulls away.
Better idea. How about the San Andreas has a major conniption fit to the scale of 12 on the Richter Scale?

Apr 2018
The Eastman Kodak House, Lilac Park, Lake Ontario, etc.

It hasn't hung on to its glory, though. Which is a terrible shame.
One huge problem with Lake Ontario is it never freezes. That's why everywhere from Sodus to Watertown gets walloped with more lake effect snow than the Southern Tier.

Reactions: Madeline
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
One huge problem with Lake Ontario is it never freezes. That's why everywhere from Sodus to Watertown gets walloped with more lake effect snow than the Southern Tier.
The shoreline does, doesn't it? It used to freeze every winter for about a mile.

The Genessee River froze, too.

I do remember astounding snowfalls.

Apr 2018
The shoreline does, doesn't it? It used to freeze every winter for about a mile.

The Genessee River froze, too.

I do remember astounding snowfalls.
Lake Erie isn't as deep, so it freezes over usually by early January. Once it does, the lake effect machine shuts down.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
Filthy beaches.
I haven't seen much of California, but the only beach I visited there was beautiful. And it was empty. Not a single other person in sight. All the locals were staying away from the beach on the allegation that it was 'winter', as if such a concept has any meaning in southern California.