35 Reasons Why You Should Move Away From California

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I haven't seen much of California, but the only beach I visited there was beautiful. And it was empty. Not a single other person in sight. All the locals were staying away from the beach on the allegation that it was 'winter', as if such a concept has any meaning in southern California.
That sounds heavenly.

Jan 2007
Outside NYC, New Yorkers are more conservative than you seem to think.
Have a family member who moved to small town NY , stayed six months and moved the hell out. Costs, taxes, regulations. There may be nice people there but the politics are not.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Have a family member who moved to small town NY , stayed six months and moved the hell out. Costs, taxes, regulations. There may be nice people there but the politics are not.
Taxes are high compared to some states. But so is the quality of life, public education, etc.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Never really toured there. Ensenada and TJ is about it.
Went there when I was younger, a LOT younger, but the border towns are too rough for me now. I usually go to the Pacific Coastal area around Puerto Vallarta.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
I traveled a lot when I was young. I had worked in all 50 states by the time I was 27.
I can find something to love about every one of them. Even Alabama.

I'm mystified by the Trumpies need to crap on California. Is somebody forcing you to live there?
What are you people so insecure about?
If you hate California so much that you have to start whole threads about it on a message board, then go live somewhere else. More room for the rest of us.

Last edited: