4 teens injured, 1 killed in shooting at pool party

Apr 2011
Under your skin
FAYETTE COUNTY, Ga. —
Police are looking for a shooter who opened fire at a graduation pool party, killing one teenager and injuring four others.
Witnesses told Channel 2’s Audrey Washington there were more than 200 people at the party at a home in Fayette County Saturday night.
As soon as the disc jockey said that someone drugged his daughter's drink, security guard Antonio Gibson took control.
“I immediately got on the mic and I shut the party completely down,” Gibson said.
As hundreds of teens poured into the street on Highway 279 in Fayetteville, police said a fight broke out amongst some teens.
“At around 12:30-ish, I heard 15 gun shots go off I told everybody to get down,” Gibson said.
Five people were shot, according to police.
One of the party-goers tweeted,"Next thing we know there was shooting, so we running and the group of guys running with us and one dude right next to us got shot."
Wali Clanton, 19, of Stockbridge, died during the shooting.
Four other people were shot and had non life-threatening injuries, according to police.

4 teens injured, 1 killed in shooting at pool party | www.wsbtv.com

"Teens".

Sep 2014
United States
This story is obviously fabricated. No way "kids" would do anything like that at a pool party.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
This story is obviously fabricated. No way "kids" would do anything like that at a pool party.
Is there something you boys what to moan and bitch about, but just can't figure out how to get it started w/o appearing to be idiots?

Reactions: 5 people

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Is there something you boys what to moan and bitch about, but just can't figure out how to get it started w/o appearing to be idiots?
Nice deflection, but, that is not the topic of this thread.

Maybe you try and talk about the topic, rather than those discussing the topic:

4 teens injured, 1 killed in shooting at pool party
FAYETTE COUNTY, Ga. —
Police are looking for a shooter who opened fire at a graduation pool party, killing one teenager and injuring four others.
Witnesses told Channel 2’s Audrey Washington there were more than 200 people at the party at a home in Fayette County Saturday night.
As soon as the disc jockey said that someone drugged his daughter's drink, security guard Antonio Gibson took control.
“I immediately got on the mic and I shut the party completely down,” Gibson said.
As hundreds of teens poured into the street on Highway 279 in Fayetteville, police said a fight broke out amongst some teens.
“At around 12:30-ish, I heard 15 gun shots go off I told everybody to get down,” Gibson said.
Five people were shot, according to police.
One of the party-goers tweeted,"Next thing we know there was shooting, so we running and the group of guys running with us and one dude right next to us got shot."
Wali Clanton, 19, of Stockbridge, died during the shooting.
Four other people were shot and had non life-threatening injuries, according to police.

4 teens injured, 1 killed in shooting at pool party | WSB-TV Atlanta Local News, Weather and Traffic | www.wsbtv.com

"Teens".

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.

Sure. There was a party. Someone got pissed and shot some other people up, one was killed. Terrible thing.
Will there be anything else?

Apr 2011
Under your skin

I find it odd that the news outlets choose to use the word "teens". Yes, the person killed was 19, so technically that is correct, but he was also an adult. Why use the word that would seem to imply that he was a child. Is this to make the killing seem more tragic? What is the purpose?

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Sure. There was a party. Someone got pissed and shot some other people up, one was killed. Terrible thing.
Will there be anything else?
See, that wasn't that difficult, now was it?

I had faith in you, I really did.

Now, proceed with your name-calling and insults, in order to make your point!

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I find it odd that the news outlets choose to use the word "teens". Yes, the person killed was 19, so technically that is correct, but he was also an adult. Why use the word that would seem to imply that he was a child. Is this to make the killing seem more tragic? What is the purpose?
The guy was a "teen', they reported he was a "teen', quite accurately.
STILL you want to bitch? What is your purpose?