45 years ago today (Aug. 8) seems like yesterday

May 2019
midwest
For those that don't remember history it seems to repeat. If you were around, do you remember what you were doing this day in history --- August 8, 1974?
:cool:

On Aug. 8, 1974, facing impeachment over the Watergate scandal, President Richard Nixon became the first U.S. president to resign. He left office the next day.

In 1974, facing expected impeachment over the Watergate scandal, Richard Nixon became the first U.S. president to resign. He left office the next day. Listen to UPI Radio's original report.

Jun 2019
A red welfare state
I remember my Watergate coloring book that I picked out all by myself. I also remember wondering why the President would want to dig through trash belonging to Democrats. Lol

watergatecolor.jpg

Jul 2011
Tennessee
For those that don't remember history it seems to repeat. If you were around, do you remember what you were doing this day in history --- August 8, 1974?

On Aug. 8, 1974, facing impeachment over the Watergate scandal, President Richard Nixon became the first U.S. president to resign. He left office the next day.

In 1974, facing expected impeachment over the Watergate scandal, Richard Nixon became the first U.S. president to resign. He left office the next day. Listen to UPI Radio's original report.
Nixon - 8/8

Jan 2016
Colorado
I prefer what happened 50 years ago.

View attachment 26549
Just as a FYI: The 50th Anniversary Edition of Abbey Road will be coming out on September 27th. I will be buying the 3-CD plus Blu-Ray Disc package, which will run about $100. The Blu-Ray disc will contain the entire album in glorious 5.1-Channel Surround Sound. There will also be deluxe vinyl packages for those who are into that format, and there will be cheaper alternatives, such as simply a one-CD upgraded version of this classic recording.

Reactions: the bull59
Jan 2014
California

Mr. bull,

Interesting. I saw a PBS program on this, about dementia patients. Seems they remember events in the past clear as day, but can't remember what they did one hour, one day, or one week ago.