4chan Trolls Flood Laid Off HuffPost, BuzzFeed Reporters with Death Threats

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
So wait. It wasn't "escalation" when people sent death threats to the covington kids, but it is now when the media who lied about it, and snottily supported the learn to code thing, get them? I dunno, I think threatening kids is far worse than threatening "journalists". even if there were threats. We need to see them given they are known liars.
Yet again I ask... "WHAT DID THE MRDIA LIE ABOUT???"

Jul 2011
NYC
I didn't. I'm happy to own that. Not happy they got death threats, and I'm not defending that, but I don't buy the "perfect cheer" crap either. Those kids knew exactly what they were doing.

This:

This must stop. Pissing people off ON PURPOSE isn't necessary and is the worst thing to do if one actually wants to engage in conversations about issues.

We've got far too much of this shit going on.

Seriouslt? a coffee cup has you upset?

Perhaps you and your ilk should be the change you seek. Or do you think your tribe has done nothing wrong and the fault for divisiveness is solely the fault of the other tribe?

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Yeah, that's great advice. "Hey, you're a 50 year old coal miner with a family who lost his job because of arbitrary government regulations. Well then why don't you change careers so that you can transition into a $25k a year entry level job. That'll work out well." Really great fucking advice.
How come that was good advice when media was talking down to blue collar workers but when someone gives an out of work journalist the same advice, it's considered "targeted harassment"? If it was good enough for coal miners then it's good enough for journalists.
Of course given the way you just insulted guys who lost their jobs and had their lives turned upside down, why would anyone who actually cares about their well being give a shit what you have to say?
I was to told continually to move to some other state and start over at 50 yrs old when the economy collapsed here.

oh, here we go again. All underemployed people need to move somewhere else. Always the first solution to everything.

"Wait'll I get to Californy! ... Gonna get me a whole bunch a grapes off a bush and I'm gonna squash 'em all over my face ..."

Of course yesterday the advice was to move to a state with more jobs, and now it's move somewhere where the cost of living is less expensive. It's a little confusing...
Actually coding would have been a good solution for me, but I wasn't lucky enough to be offered any opportunities to be retrained for free like coal miners were.

Conservatives feel bootstraps are the cure for all economic woes until it's some Jurassic white guy who's livelihood is threatened by the evolution of the energy industry. Then we're all supposed to allow ourselves to be slowly poisoned to death by what they produce just so they don't have to adjust.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Yes they did. Because they rushed to press with a dishonest narrative. Everything about that story was debunked.
Most of that shit came from Twitter. The actual media reported (as always) on the reactions just like they did with the Tea Party although they didn't make quite a career out of exploring the butthurt by going to some redneck heaven and asking everyone in some diner why they were so angry.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I was to told continually to move to some other state and start over at 50 yrs old when the economy collapsed here.

Actually coding would have been a good solution for me, but I wasn't lucky enough to be offered any opportunities to be retrained for free like coal miners were.

Conservatives feel bootstraps are the cure for all economic woes until it's some Jurassic white guy who's livelihood is threatened by the evolution of the energy industry. Then we're all supposed to allow ourselves to be slowly poisoned to death by what they produce just so they don't have to adjust.
Great. Then why are journalists acting like they are being harassed when people give them the same advice that they handed out?

Last edited: