4chan Trolls Flood Laid Off HuffPost, BuzzFeed Reporters with Death Threats

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok, let’s see . . .

“Let's start with those kids were already harassed by a group of lunatics shouting racial slurs at them, which, I know know, you think is pretty funny.”

Now, how the hell do you know that Davocrat thought that was funny? That was a pretty obnoxious thing to say.
Black Hebrew Israelites Excuses

“Them let's move on to that the pathological old liar approached that kid and invaded his space, banging on a drum. Phillips wasn't surrounded. There was no build the wall chant. Phillips was not blocked.”

Pathological liar, eh? Based on what? :rolleyes:
Based on what I said right there. Phillips wasn't surrounded. He wasn't blocked. There was no "build the wall" chant. Everything he claimed was disproven by video.

“What you saw was a dishonest man trying to provoke a kid and that kid doing nothing more than smiling uncomfortably. Not that the dishonest media could have been bothered to get the actual story before running with the phony narrative”

Again, what is the basis for calling him “dishonest?” And what was the “actual” story that the “dishonest” media failed to report? Choir boys maligned by (don’t dare add a negative adjective here for fear it could be misconstrued as a racial slur) Native American?

I’ve seen the look on that kid’s face. It looked exactly like the smirk on the face of the pervert who exposed himself to me when I was a teen.
The basis for calling him dishonest is that he demonstrably lied several times. Now the world is full of dishonest people. And when one of them becomes newsworthy, it's the media's job to sort out the lies from the truth. In this case, mainstream media couldn't be bothered. They went right to air with a false narrative because "racist MAGA hat wearing kids picking on Native Americans" was too good to check.
And it wasn't even mainstream media who corrected the narrative. They only backed off when extended videos that debunked Phillips' story appeared on social media. It wasn't the mainstream media that exposed Phillips' stolen valor. It was some veteran activists.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Your experience was to take one image out of hours of video, make up a story around it, and expect everyone else to ignore what actually happened.
My experience was to look at the initial image and think, "Wow, look at that entitled little douche." That's every bit as valid as your experience.

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
There's only one version of the truth.
Yeah. This one.

and this one:

From The Stars and Stripes:

https://www.stripes.com/nathan-phill...-past-1.565701

In reality, Phillips served from June 1972 to May 1976 in the Marine Corps Reserve, a service spokeswoman, Yvonne Carlock, said Wednesday. He did not deploy and left the service as a private after disciplinary issues. From October 1972 to February 1973, he was classified as an anti-tank missileman, a kind of infantryman, Carlock said. He then became a refrigerator technician for the majority of his service.

Daniel Paul Nelson, a leader in the Lakota People’s Law Project, said in an interview that his group made the error and Phillips himself never told it that he served in Vietnam. The group, Nelson said, “trusted what we had seen” in previous stories about Phillips, some of which also referred to him erroneously as a Vietnam veteran. “We were trying to do the advocacy work that we do,” Nelson said. Phillips, who turns 64 next month, is not old enough to have deployed to Vietnam as a Marine infantryman, prompting accusations that he was lying about his service.

“I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips said in the story, which describes a protest at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”

Nelson said that Phillips’ comments at Standing Rock were taken out of context, and that Phillips actually was referring to the work they were doing at the time on the reservation. In other interviews, Phillips consistently has described being a veteran of “Vietnam times.”

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah. This one.

and this one:

From The Stars and Stripes:

https://www.stripes.com/nathan-phill...-past-1.565701

In reality, Phillips served from June 1972 to May 1976 in the Marine Corps Reserve, a service spokeswoman, Yvonne Carlock, said Wednesday. He did not deploy and left the service as a private after disciplinary issues. From October 1972 to February 1973, he was classified as an anti-tank missileman, a kind of infantryman, Carlock said. He then became a refrigerator technician for the majority of his service.

Daniel Paul Nelson, a leader in the Lakota People’s Law Project, said in an interview that his group made the error and Phillips himself never told it that he served in Vietnam. The group, Nelson said, “trusted what we had seen” in previous stories about Phillips, some of which also referred to him erroneously as a Vietnam veteran. “We were trying to do the advocacy work that we do,” Nelson said. Phillips, who turns 64 next month, is not old enough to have deployed to Vietnam as a Marine infantryman, prompting accusations that he was lying about his service.

“I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips said in the story, which describes a protest at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”

Nelson said that Phillips’ comments at Standing Rock were taken out of context, and that Phillips actually was referring to the work they were doing at the time on the reservation. In other interviews, Phillips consistently has described being a veteran of “Vietnam times.”
Phillips straight up said on a Facebook video that he served in theater in Vietnam. He also called himself a recon ranger which is not a thing.

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
Phillips straight up said on a Facebook video that he served in theater in Vietnam. He also called himself a recon ranger which is not a thing.
He's also probably suffering from PTSD or worse. But you don't care.