5 Saudis get death sentence for KHASHOGGI murder. "Not premeditated-spur of moment decision." (Bonesaws standard for question'g Saudi nationals?)

Jul 2015
Florida
The group of assassins were flown in before DAWN, landing in a small plane. They brought bonesaws, bags, suitcases and either brought or brough in bleach--and paint. Are these NORMAL materials for interrogation of SAUDI NATIONALS? They walked out of the consulate with suitcases. (Several 'bags' were found on the grounds of a nearby Embassy, I assume Saudi). 3 were SPARED. (How far up the PRINCES chain of command, family or friends do the 3 spared from death sentences rank?)

Wonder if members of WAPO or Khashoggi's fiance got to watch the trial? I doubt it. It says it was conducted in SECRET!
Top SR. OFFICIAL says it's a good step. For what? MAKING IT GO AWAY?
Saudi sentences five to death, three to jail over Khashoggi murder

Marwa Rashad
6 MIN READ

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia on Monday sentenced five people to death and three more to jail over the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi last year and said the killing was not premeditated, a verdict criticized by a U.N. investigator as a “mockery” of justice.

A senior U.S. official said the verdicts were “an important step” in holding those responsible for the crime accountable and encouraged Saudi Arabia to continue with a fair and transparent judicial process.

The court dismissed charges against the remaining three of the 11 people that had been on trial, finding them not guilty, Saudi Deputy Public Prosecutor and spokesman Shalaan al-Shalaan said. None of the defendants’ names was immediately released.

“The investigation showed that the killing was not premeditated ... The decision was taken at the spur of the moment,”
Shalaan said, a position contradicting the findings of a United Nations-led investigation.

Factbox: Who are Saudis under spotlight over Khashoggi's killing?

Khashoggi was a U.S. resident and critic of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the kingdom’s de facto ruler. He was last seen at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2, 2018, where he had gone to obtain documents for his impending wedding. His body was reportedly dismembered and removed from the building, and his remains have not been found.

Eleven Saudi suspects were put on trial over his death in secretive proceedings in the capital Riyadh.

Khashoggi’s murder caused a global uproar, tarnishing the crown prince’s image. The CIA and some Western governments have said they believe Prince Mohammed, also known as MbS, ordered the killing.

Saudi officials say he had no role, though in September MbS for the first time indicated some personal accountability, saying “it happened under my watch”.

Agnes Callamard, the U.N. special rapporteur for extrajudicial summary or arbitrary executions, lambasted the trial verdict as a “mockery” of justice...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN1YR0SY

Jul 2019
Atlanta
The trials lasted nearly a year. They were supposed to bring Khashoggi back to Arabia NOT kill him. Now they'll pay the price.

Jul 2015
Florida
The trials lasted nearly a year. They were supposed to bring Khashoggi back to Arabia NOT kill him. Now they'll pay the price.
Let me reiterate, who brings a BONESAW to an interrogation? Khashoggi was NOT GOING TO LEAVE there ALIVE! Remember even the SAW OPERATOR, top forensics MD, put on headphones so he didn't have to listen to the screams OR the flesh and bone being chopped up.

Does one bring headphones to INTERROGATE someone? Sure sounds COUNTER-INTUITIVE to me.

Reactions: Friday13
Jul 2015
Florida
You just can't make this shit up...

“This is an important step in holding those responsible for this terrible crime accountable, and we encourage Saudi Arabia to continue with a fair and transparent judicial process,” said the official, who did not wish to be otherwise identified.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Let me reiterate, who brings a BONESAW to an interrogation? Khashoggi was NOT GOING TO LEAVE there ALIVE! Remember even the SAW OPERATOR, top forensics MD, put on headphones so he didn't have to listen to the screams OR the flesh and bone being chopped up.

Does one bring headphones to INTERROGATE someone? Sure sounds COUNTER-INTUITIVE to me.
That's why they have been convicted of murder.

Sep 2019
Idaho

They got the death penalty. What more do you want?