52% Of Republicans Support Medicare For All

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
Amazing how things change...and now every Republican candidate out there is pledging to support covering pre-conditions while simultaneously supporting legislation killing them.

Majority of Republicans supports 'Medicare for all,' poll finds

More than half of Republicans in a new American Barometer poll say they support "Medicare for all," also known as a single-payer health-care system.

The survey, conducted by Hill.TV and the HarrisX polling company, found that 52 percent of Republicans polled said they supported the option, while 48 percent said they opposed it.

Twenty-five percent said they "strongly" supported "Medicare for all," while 27 percent said they "somewhat" supported it.

Twenty-two percent said they "somewhat" opposed the idea, while 26 percent said they "strongly" opposed it.

The poll comes as Democrats aim to make health care, along with "Medicare for all," a central campaign issue.

Republican leaders, including President Trump, have slammed the idea, saying it would ultimately fail if it were put into action.

"In practice, the Democratic Party’s so-called Medicare for All would really be Medicare for None," Trump wrote in a USA Today op-ed. "Under the Democrats' plan, today’s Medicare would be forced to die."

Jun 2014
United States
Amazing how things change...and now every Republican candidate out there is pledging to support covering pre-conditions while simultaneously supporting legislation killing them.

Majority of Republicans supports 'Medicare for all,' poll finds

More than half of Republicans in a new American Barometer poll say they support "Medicare for all," also known as a single-payer health-care system.

The survey, conducted by Hill.TV and the HarrisX polling company, found that 52 percent of Republicans polled said they supported the option, while 48 percent said they opposed it.

Twenty-five percent said they "strongly" supported "Medicare for all," while 27 percent said they "somewhat" supported it.

Twenty-two percent said they "somewhat" opposed the idea, while 26 percent said they "strongly" opposed it.

The poll comes as Democrats aim to make health care, along with "Medicare for all," a central campaign issue.

Republican leaders, including President Trump, have slammed the idea, saying it would ultimately fail if it were put into action.

"In practice, the Democratic Party’s so-called Medicare for All would really be Medicare for None," Trump wrote in a USA Today op-ed. "Under the Democrats' plan, today’s Medicare would be forced to die."

If Republican voters judged politicians by what they actually do, rather than by what they say, then they'd no longer be Republican voters.

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
Excellent, than it’s up to those republican voters to browbeat their GOP reps to put forth the appropriate legislation.

Jun 2014
United States
Shows you know nothing about GOP. It is the Democrats that look for the D it does not matter who it is

I tend to vote against the party that blatantly wants to rob me of my hard earned Social Security and Medicare benefits.

It would be stupid for me to vote against my own self interests, and I don't do stupid.