6 shot and wounded at Chicago street party

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
I am NOT disagreeing with the Rev. I don't care if you commit a crime with a firearm yolu own legally or not legally. The POINT is you used a firearm in the commission of a crime.
I believe once a firearm is used in a crime in most states it automatically becomes "illegal" anyway. Even if bought legally it was used fraudulently.

Jets

Former Staff
Feb 2011
New York
Weird how the media just doesn't have the same level of interest in this shooting, or the Dayton shooting for that matter, as they do in El Paso. I wonder why that is.
The media is a business. Sensationalizing a white nationalist going on a shooting spree generates more ratings and sells more newspapers than commonplace shootings in an inner city. As abhorrent as it sounds gang slayings and other gun violence just can’t seem to compete with a multi victim homicide...

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The media is a business. Sensationalizing a white nationalist going on a shooting spree generates more ratings and sells more newspapers than commonplace shootings in an inner city. As abhorrent as it sounds gang slayings and other gun violence just can’t seem to compete with a multi victim homicide...
It's not a business decision. They have an agenda and they are going to highlight the mass shootings that further that agenda. The rest, they will stop talking about the first chance they get.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
... Why is it the left ignores shootings like this?

Why? because there is no poltical hay to be made out of it. The left really doesn't care about any shootings, Chicago, Baltimore, El Paso. But the El Paso's can be used for political purposes so away they go. The are solely interested in political power.