600 pets dead due to Chinese treats

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
600 pets are dead and 36,000 more have been sickened due to jerky treats made in China. The FDA still is unable to find a source. This is a chilling reminder of the 2005 melamine poisonings when thousands of pets died and millions were sickened. Check your treats people, "when in doubt, throw it out." Buy a dehydrator and make your own treats instead.

Jerky treat mystery: Nearly 600 pets dead; still no source, FDA says - NBC News.com

Reactions: 5 people

Cat

Aug 2013
NC
This has happened of before. I make of my own pets' food and treats. I never have trusted the pet food companies of this.

Your friend,
~Cat

Reactions: 3 people
Oct 2013
Pa
My dogs eat what I eat. As far as Chinese products go, I'm on my 11 Chinese coffee grinder in less than 3 years. I also bought a stainless steel kettle made in China, It's actually beginning to rust. Only the Chinese could develop stainless steel that rusts. More often than not, Chinese products are absolute shit.

Reactions: 3 people
Oct 2013
Pa
My dogs eat what I eat. As far as Chinese products go, I'm on my 11 Chinese coffee grinder in less than 3 years. I also bought a stainless steel kettle made in China, It's actually beginning to rust. Only the Chinese could develop stainless steel that rusts. More often than not, Chinese products are absolute shit.
For the record, the coffee grinder my grandmother gave me is over 40 years old & other than needing a new electrical cord, it still works perfectly. MADE IN GERMANY.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Think of the money China saves by not having government oversight and regulations, it is close to a Libertarian Paradise.

Reactions: 2 people

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
My STRONG suggestion for pet owners, is to get all of your treats and food from a Pet Store, such as Pet Smart.

And, just to double-check, NEVER, EVER, EVER buy anything for children or pets (or "edible" in any way), if it is connected to China. Hell, a few years ago, several hundred Chinese infants were killed by "bad formula."

China haz zilch quality or health control, when it comes to such things.