700 arrested after protest on NY's Brooklyn Bridge

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary
700 arrested after protest on NY's Brooklyn Bridge :: WRAL.com

more than 700 protesters demonstrating against corporate greed, global warming and social inequality, among other grievances, were arrested Saturday after they swarmed the Brooklyn Bridge and shut down a lane of traffic for several hours in a tense confrontation with police.

I don't think we're asking for much, just to wake up every morning not worrying whether we can pay the rent, or whether our next meal will be rice and beans again," Larkins wrote in an email to The Associated Press. "No one is expecting immediate change. I think everyone is just hopeful that people will wake up a bit and realize that the more we speak up, the more the people that do have the authority to make changes in this world listen."

I understand! Why should they be silent?

Reactions: jackalope
Jun 2011
700 arrested after protest on NY's Brooklyn Bridge :: WRAL.com

more than 700 protesters demonstrating against corporate greed, global warming and social inequality, among other grievances, were arrested Saturday after they swarmed the Brooklyn Bridge and shut down a lane of traffic for several hours in a tense confrontation with police.

I don't think we're asking for much, just to wake up every morning not worrying whether we can pay the rent, or whether our next meal will be rice and beans again," Larkins wrote in an email to The Associated Press. "No one is expecting immediate change. I think everyone is just hopeful that people will wake up a bit and realize that the more we speak up, the more the people that do have the authority to make changes in this world listen."

I understand! Why should they be silent?
Those idiots can be as noisy as they want.

So long as they don't interfere with anyone else's right and freedom to go to work for those corporations the little whiners are protesting about. As soon as they become a public nuisance the police have the responsiblity to haul their sorry asses off to jail so they can be charged and tried.

Those rights thingies? They're for everyone, not just the disgruntled juveniles.

Reactions: Mordent

freecell

Former Staff
Jul 2006
Cary

So long as they don't interfere with anyone else's right and freedom to go to work for those corporations the little whiners are protesting about. As soon as they become a public nuisance the police have the responsiblity to haul their sorry asses off to jail so they can be charged and tried.

Those rights thingies? They're for everyone, not just the disgruntled juveniles.
I think we have more in common than you want to believe

Jun 2011
Well, it was the weekend, wall street clears out, the rain was coming down, the gestapo hasn't come to knock their heads in, so they had to do something to get arrested for the cameras, so they walked over to the brooklyn bridge and of course, you can't just block a major bridge much less a major road, that finally did the trick.....they will be quickly released and probably issued 25 dollar summonses.

Last edited:

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Well, it was the weekend, wall street clears out, the rain was coming down, the gestapo hasn't come to knock their heads in, so they had to do something to get arreated for the cameras, so they walked over to the brooklyn bridge and of course, you can't just block a major bridge much less a major road, that finally did the trick.....they will be quickly released and probably issued 25 dollar summonses.

The cops directed them to the Brooklyn Bridge tho...

Jan 2011
east coast

I, for one, am elated the people are taking to the streets, it's the only way to get our opinions heard. The best way to let the gov't know, we aren't going to take it anymore. Remember, it is "BY THE PEOPLE". There comes a time when this is the only way. The more protesters on the streets, the better, but keep it peaceful.
Where the heck do you put 700 people at one time?

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
Right these are people just like everyone else looking for a job. People whine about others living off the government now they whine about people wanting a job. I think more should protest.

Out of thx, getcha later ... IA !