88-year-old granny shuts down her son’s casual homophobia with two sentences

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
By Alex Bollinger

"A story about an 88-year-old woman shutting down anti-LGBTQ sentiment has gone viral on Twitter."
"The father’s mother, though, wasn’t having any of it. “The way things are now is better than when people had to hide away or killed themselves because nobody understood who they were. Respect costs you nothing.”

====================================================

Great KUDOS to the Grandmother for her wisdom and respect for others. Sure wish younger people were that smart and able to grasp her message. Some may feel that older people do not understand things like Gay Marriage and Equality but they will sure surprise you many times as to how well they have a good grasp on the subject!

Reactions: 8 people
Jul 2015
Florida
By Alex Bollinger

Great KUDOS to the Grandmother for her wisdom and respect for others. Sure wish younger people were that smart and able to grasp her message. Some may feel that older people do not understand things like Gay Marriage and Equality but they will sure surprise you many times as to how well they have a good grasp on the subject!

Wouldn't that be considered "cultural elitism" by the RIGHT?

GO GRANDMA!

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Wouldn't that be considered "cultural elitism" by the RIGHT?

GO GRANDMA!
You might say that as opposed to cultural populists. But I'll tell you this much these little grannies are more with it than those far right-wingers who much prefer to stay centuries behind the times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Sep 2013
On a hill
By Alex Bollinger

My dad, who passed away 9 years ago at 91, had no problem with gay marriage. Nor did my mother.

Jun 2006
Vancouver
My dad, who passed away 9 years ago at 91, had no problem with gay marriage. Nor did my mother.
My mother’s late 70’s and she finds the idea of homosexuality disgusting. But she would never, ever, presume to judge someone, or stand in the way of their happiness. And she welcomed her openly lesbian Anglican Minister with open arms. Literally. Made a big show of showing the congregation the way with a big welcoming hug and “we’re so happy you’re joining us”.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Smart folks they are! I speak in the present tense since there is an Afterlife therefore, they live on eternally in Spirit and do not "die." I am seeing more and more that the old saying "The Older The Wiser" is true. Happiness is so personal to each individual that no one should want or need to interfere with another person's or a couple's happiness. That's terrible when they would do that. Love is special between two adults and what they feel in their heart for one another is something that no one should try to take away, ever.

Last edited:
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Pointing out the FACT the LBGTABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP has so many "gender identities" at this point that it has become confusing does not exactly make one "homophobic".

Thread fail.

This thread should be moved to conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
By Alex Bollinger

How fabulous to know that as we age, even a modicum of decency becomes cause for celebration.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
My mother’s late 70’s and she finds the idea of homosexuality disgusting. But she would never, ever, presume to judge someone, or stand in the way of their happiness. And she welcomed her openly lesbian Anglican Minister with open arms. Literally. Made a big show of showing the congregation the way with a big welcoming hug and “we’re so happy you’re joining us”.
Disgusting,or like most in her generation do not understand it? I do not, but what others decide is none of my business. It is a generational thing. Does not change over night.