9/11 Anniversary -- Remembering the best of humanity on America's darkest day

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
of course you have to derail this thread with your trump obsession. /facepalm

as for me I was in the empire state building at the time.... we watched the towers come down from one of the higher floors. I lost half my hockey team of fire fighters and cops, as well as an uncle.

we ended up getting out of the city by boat.
I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been a traumatic time for you.
My co-worker lost his dad that day too. He was watching on TV for a bit then left work to drive up. The towers fell on his way. So many wretched stories. Such a waste.
It was a truly horrible day.

Reactions: Rev. Hellh0und

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been a traumatic time for you.
My co-worker lost his dad that day too. He was watching on TV for a bit then left work to drive up. The towers fell on his way. So many wretched stories. Such a waste.
It was a truly horrible day.

The most sobering sites besides the towers, were driving past the train stations in the days after and seeing all the commuter cars of the thousands of people who died.

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
The most sobering sites besides the towers, were driving past the train stations in the days after and seeing all the commuter cars of the thousands of people who died.
I was driving a moving truck up from DC. It was too big of rig for me and I was a very nervous driver (which I hate) but as the news trickled in over the a.m. Station I forgot all about the rig and I was weaving in and out of traffic like a madwoman, driving way over the speed limit. When I arrived in Philly, there was no shortage of parking in my neighborhood. It was like a ghost town. Very weird.
I hadn't seen anything yet, only heard. When I first saw the plane fly into the building I literally fell off my chair with that kind of scare-jolt you get from a scary movie.
It was so quiet ---- everywhere.
The intense shared grief and gloom was intense but also comforting b/c everyone was feeling the same thing at the same time.

Nicnam

Former Staff
Dec 2013
-
Mister B is banned. Please do not quote or refer to their replies. Thank you.

Reactions: CtC
Nov 2015
UK
And let's not forgot the families who lost loved ones

Or the ones who survive but still grapple with the fallout

She Fled the 68th Floor. She’s Finally Dealing With 9/11 Trauma.

Probably the worse day for our country :(
A dreadful day for innocent Americans.

The problem with countries are their governments. When governments, not the people, go around the planet thumping other countries, it's the innocent population that suffer from retaliation.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
A dreadful day for innocent Americans.

The problem with countries are their governments. When governments, not the people, go around the planet thumping other countries, it's the innocent population that suffer from retaliation.
Wow. Bernie Sanders didn't come close to blaming the US for the attacks the way you did and he's getting hammered for it as if he did. Conservatives are sure to come along any minute to call you out.