9 dead, 38 wounded in 4th of July weekend violence in Chicago

Apr 2011
Under your skin
9 dead, 47 injured in Fourth of July weekend shootings | Chicago

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
But not in the liberal utopia of Chicago where violence of this magnitude won’t even be covered by the media as national news.

One of those killed was a 7-year-old boy who was shot in Humbolt Park while watching the fireworks.

Boy, 7, Shot to Death During July 4 Celebration in Humboldt Park: Police | NBC Chicago

So tell me how gun control is the answer again?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
I am glad you keep up with the gang activity in Chicago for us, do you do other cities as well, or just Chicago?

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I am glad you keep up with the gang activity in Chicago for us, do you do other cities as well, or just Chicago?
They specialize in Chicago now.
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that President Obama lived there and that he was a Senator from Illinois.
You now, like liberals howled about the awful crime rate in Dallas when Bush was president. Oh wait, that never happened, did it? Never mind.

Reactions: 2 people
Apr 2011
Under your skin
A bit more about Amari Brown, the seven-year-old slain in Chicago late last night while watching fireworks with his father.

Police boss McCarthy on child's death: 'This has got to stop' - Chicago Tribune

And the father is reportedly not cooperating with the cops to bring the killer of his son to justice.

Chicago PD now thinks it was the father, a “ranking member of the Four Corner Hustlers street gang” with 45 prior arrests, who was the gunman’s target. Chicago PD Superintendent Garry McCarthy went on to blame the city’s justice system for allowing Mr. Brown on the streets after so many arrests.

Supt. McCarthy: Slain Boy?s Dad A ?Ranking? Gang Member, Not Cooperating With Authorities « CBS Chicago

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
You think July 4th was bad, hell, you should have been there on Valentines Day.

On this frigid morning, in an unheated brick garage at 2122 N. Clark St., seven men were lined up against a whitewashed wall and pumped with 90 bullets from submachine guns, shotguns and a revolver. It was the most infamous of all gangland slayings in America, and it savagely achieved its purpose--the elimination of the last challenge to Al Capone for the mantle of crime boss in Chicago. By 1929, Capone's only real threat was George "Bugs" Moran, who headed his own gang and what was left of Dion O'Banion's band of bootleggers. Moran had long despised Capone, mockingly referring to him as "The Beast."
And they were all white guys, damn.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Nice to see that the usual gaggle of hens has shown up to further reinforce just how ignorant they truly are. Thanks for reminding me once again of how I am correct and you are totally clueless.

Oct 2013
USA
Lots of deaths on the holiday. One boat accident killed 5 people in Kentucky. Nationally I suspect a lot of people lost their lives as they do every year on holidays. Best way to keep up with deaths is to wait for the national numbers to avoid looking like a dingbat who is stalking a city.

Unless of course you committed the crimes...then I think the urge to brag may want to be suppressed.

Reactions: 1 person
Oct 2013
USA
Nice to see that the usual gaggle of hens has shown up to further reinforce just how ignorant they truly are. Thanks for reminding me once again of how I am correct and you are totally clueless.
Gang violence is a national issue yet no mention of gang from you? Maybe you were trying to prove something else through omission?

webrockk

Former Staff
Nov 2009
on the river
Chicago has one of the lowest murder solve rates in the country. On any given day, around 3/4's of Chicago's killers are roaming the streets.

Nat'l average isn't too much better, at around a 33% solve rate.

Last edited: