9 year old girl refuses to stand for Australian national anthem

Jan 2016
Colorado
I remember standing in assemblies in the blazing hot sun singing 'God Save The Queen'. A Queen that had nothing to do with our country's administration. I don't even know the words to the new anthem, or care all that much.

Something about being 'girt by sea'.
I imagine that most islands would be 'girt by sea'. Seriously, 'Truganini', by Midnight Oil, would make a better national anthem for you Aussies, than 'God Save the Queen'!

Dec 2014
SPECTRE HQ
I imagine that most islands would be 'girt by sea'. Seriously, 'Truganini', by Midnight Oil, would make a better national anthem for you Aussies, than 'God Save the Queen'!

The running joke is, 'Who's Kurt?'

Yeah, they got rid of GSTQ in the eighties IIRC. The debate over the new anthem was quite heated at times with many voting for a song called 'Waltzing Matilda' which was about a sheep rustler committing suicide after being caught by the police ~ hardly appropriate.

Aug 2018
Vancouver
When you tell a 24 year old linebacker to do what he’s told or be punished, you’re treating him like a child. Which is the problem.

When you tell a 9 year old student that, you are treating them like a child. Which is proper.

Jan 2014
California
I see, Kallie. So now you are reduced to arguing that Australia didn't exist before 1939.

One wonders if you are capable of understanding just how perfectly STUPID your argument has become.
Mr. Leroy,

It existed as part of the Commonwealth, but not as a nation.

It appears the only stupidity in the argument comes from you.

Jan 2014
California
Ms. Blues,

117 years is relatively young for a nation.

But my question remains. Why are not kangaroos, the outback, shrimp on the barbee, and Foster's beer not mentioned in your national anthem? Do you deny they exist?