'A brutal dinner': celebrities talk about meeting Donald Trump

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
This is like the time Ron Perlman said that he once *almost* hit Harvey Weinstein. Imagine being the kind of person who expects credit for doing nothing.
If Hollywood hated Trump so much then why were they hobnobbing with him up until he ran for president? How did he get a star on the Walk of Fame?
*sigh* someone might very well be acceptable as an amusing guest at a dinner party, a guest on your radio or TV show etc. and that same person or group absolutely HORRIFIED at the notion of that person being the President.
I can't believe this sort of thing has to be explained.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
NO ONE REALLY expected for a B-list media whore "celebrity" to even run for President, much less actually get elected.
They were not "normalizing" anyone, they were doing what the industry always does, making money.
But the left keeps telling us that Trump is a fundamentally bad person. Why would they hang out with and promote someone like that?

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Yeah. I'll bet the Clintons never thought that spending so much time in the 90's arguing that character doesn't matter and that you don't have to be a good person to be a good president would come back to bite them like this.
Plus, this is Hollywood we're talking about here. You can't swing a stick without hitting a pedophile, liar, racist, or worse. Only Hollywood could have an institutional scandal like Harvey Weinstein and #MeToo and then think that they have standing to lecture the rest of the country.
…… or Kevin Spacey or Bill Cosby?

You are quite willing to give Trump a pass.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
*sigh* someone might very well be acceptable as an amusing guest at a dinner party, a guest on your radio or TV show etc. and that same person or group absolutely HORRIFIED at the notion of that person being the President.
I can't believe this sort of thing has to be explained.
I can't believe you think that's a good point. So we're both out of our comfort zones here.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Yeah. I'll bet the Clintons never thought that spending so much time in the 90's arguing that character doesn't matter and that you don't have to be a good person to be a good president would come back to bite them like this.
Plus, this is Hollywood we're talking about here. You can't swing a stick without hitting a pedophile, liar, racist, or worse. Only Hollywood could have an institutional scandal like Harvey Weinstein and #MeToo and then think that they have standing to lecture the rest of the country.
And only RW conservatives would get their Presidential candidates from such a place. *shrug*

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
…… or Kevin Spacey or Bill Cosby?

You are quite willing to give Trump a pass.
You know, it's interesting that Trump's star on the Walk of Fame has been vandalized several times while Kevin Spacey's has been unmolested.
I'm not giving Trump a pass. I just don't want to be lectured on morality by a bunch of Hollywood degenerates.

Reactions: Rev. Hellh0und