'A brutal dinner': celebrities talk about meeting Donald Trump

Jan 2012
SoCal
Woody Harrelson recalls 'brutal' dinner date with Trump ...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Woody-Harrelson-recalls-brutal-dinner-date-Trump.html
Oct 28, 2017 · 'I had to go and smoke a joint just to get through it': Woody Harrelson recalls his 'brutal' dinner date with 'narcissistic' Donald Trump. Woody Harrelson told the …

'A brutal dinner': celebrities talk about meeting Donald Trump

high at Trump Tower to survive a 'brutal dinner' with Trump and Melania - and reveals she 'only got to speak for about 0.1 percent of the conversation'
  • Actor Woody Harrelson said that a dinner he attended with Trump in 2002 was so 'brutal' that he had to step away to smoke pot to get through it
  • Harrelson discussed the dinner, which also included first lady Melania Trump , in an interview with Esquire for the magazine's September issue
  • Melania hardly got to speak at all during he dinner at the dinner for four
  • Harrelson said he had 'seen his fair share of narcissists' but that Trump 'was beyond' and 'blew his mind'
Woody Harrelson has spoken of how he was forced to smoke a marijuana joint and get high in order to survive a dinner with Donald Trump and his wife Melania.

Harrelson has spoken about the dinner which took place in 2002 where he reveals how he quickly came to the conclusion that Trump, who was a property developer at the time, was a raving narcissist.

Harrelson also tells how the current President dominated the conversation throughout the dinner that lasted some two-and-a-half hours.

Speaking to Esquire, the 58-year-old said: 'So we all met at Trump Tower, sat down. Melania was there, only she wasn't his wife yet. And it was, let me tell you, a brutal dinner. Two and a half hours.

The evening was so intense that the Hollywood actor claims he was forced to go outside and smoke pot in order to endure more of Trump's ramblings as the evening wore on.

'It got so bad I had to go outside and burn one before returning to the monologue monopoly. Listen, I came up through Hollywood, so I've seen narcissists. This guy was beyond. It blew my mind.'

Harrelson goes on to say how he felt sorry for Trump's future wife, Melania, who was completely shuttered out of the dinner conversation that also included the then Governor of Minnesota Jesse Ventura.

'Now, at a fair table with four people, each person is entitled to 25 percent of the conversation, right? I'd say Melania got about 0.1 percent, maybe. I got about 1 percent. And the governor, Jesse, he got about 3 percent. Trump took the rest,' Harrelson said.

continued

Woody Harrelson reveals he had to get high to survive a 'brutal dinner' with Trump and Melania | Daily Mail Online

I see so many articles posted like this and I guess I wonder, why am I supposed to care?

I mean seriously why do I care what Woody Harrelson thinks about ......well anything?

The media complex is just if you've worked in entertainment you see the insane amount of work that goes into making absolutely mundane people appear to be amazing or extraordinary. It is a weird disconnect.

Woody Harrelson has managed to have a pretty decent career essentially playing himself in a number of films. If I wanted his advice on how to be a balding, ordinary sized man with very limited acting range and skill, especially vocally, he'd be good to that advice. I'd go get the same advice from Keenu Reeves too. However on any other matter..... why would I care?

Can you tell me why I should care about his opinion?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I see so many articles posted like this and I guess I wonder, why am I supposed to care?

I mean seriously why do I care what Woody Harrelson thinks about ......well anything?

The media complex is just if you've worked in entertainment you see the insane amount of work that goes into making absolutely mundane people appear to be amazing or extraordinary. It is a weird disconnect.

Woody Harrelson has managed to have a pretty decent career essentially playing himself in a number of films. If I wanted his advice on how to be a balding, ordinary sized man with very limited acting range and skill, especially vocally, he'd be good to that advice. I'd go get the same advice from Keenu Reeves too. However on any other matter..... why would I care?

Can you tell me why I should care about his opinion?
Don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed a lot of Woody Harrelson movies. But then, the guys who fixed my roof last summer did a great job. That doesn't mean I need to hear their political opinions.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Nice to see their principles are so easily compromised.
You understand the entertainment industry is a business, right?

Principles... compromise???? That's important to you?
What do you think about a man that would get on a radio show heard all over the country, Howard Stern's Show, and give another man permission to refer to his daughter as a "fine piece of ass", because his radio show had good ratings and Trump wanted the publicity?
Don't even talk to me about principles in a discussion about Trump.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
You understand the entertainment industry is a business, right?

Principles... compromise???? That's important to you?
What do you think about a man that would get on a radio show heard all over the country, Howard Stern's Show, and give another man permission to refer to his daughter as a "fine piece of ass", because his radio show had good ratings and Trump wanted the publicity?
Don't even talk to me about principles in a discussion about Trump.
And don't tell me that I should respect the views of people who are so easily bought off.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Inappropriate Content - Violation of Forced Ignore
C'mon Rev., why can't you act like an adult once in awhile. Someone says he did not enhoy the company of The Twitter Twit and you've feel obligated to insult him. It's fucking ridiculous, like snotty children.
Woody a "joke?" Why? long sucessful career and an actor and playwright, 3 Academy Award nominations, 5 Emmy Award nomonations with a win in 1989. Numerous other awards in hs industry, worth about $65 million.

What the fuck is with you people you get hysterical if anyone fails to lovingly kiss Trump's orange fat ass?
When people become members of the Trump Personality Cult, they go BERSERK at any insult of their Dear Leader.

Reactions: Hollywood
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
And don't tell me that I should respect the views of people who are so easily bought off.
I didn't TELL you to respect the views of anyone.
"Bought off", tell me what Trump paid "them" to overlook or ignore.

Well? I asked you what you thought of a man that would do what I described trump as doing on the Stern Show.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I didn't TELL you to respect the views of anyone.
"Bought off", tell me what Trump paid "them" to overlook or ignore.

Well? I asked you what you thought of a man that would do what I described trump as doing on the Stern Show.
That he fits right in with the Hollywood crowd. So I don't know what Harrelson found so unbearable. He has lunch with people like that every day.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
That he fits right in with the Hollywood crowd. So I don't know what Harrelson found so unbearable. He has lunch with people like that every day.
Then why would you be happy that such a despicable, unprincipled man is the President?

First you bash and insult anything and everything you can think of about Hollywood and THEN you state Trump fiit right in with them?
WTF???