'A brutal dinner': celebrities talk about meeting Donald Trump

Mar 2019
Texas
Do you admire Trump?

He's dumb as a stump. Three years ago he claimed he knows more than the generals because he attended a military HS.

[video]

Twenty plus democrat candidates for president and y'all couldn't find anyone 1/2 as smart as President Trump.

Come 2020, even more of you lefties are going to need serious therapy

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Do you admire Trump?

He's dumb as a stump. Three years ago he claimed he knows more than the generals because he attended a military HS.

[video]
I don't particularly admire Trump. But you know who did? Hollywood. How do you think Trump got that star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Celebrities like Harrelson spent years palling around with Trump. Send Woody Harrelson a dinner invite and see what kind of response you get. They laughed it up with him on talk shows. They gave him cameos in movies and TV shows. They treated him like New York royalty and like he was some kind of super competent businessman. They gave him his own tv show based on that premise.
People like Harrelson spent decades normalizing Trump. So pardon me if I don't buy into them acting like they knew better all along. You could flip open a phone book and pick a name at random and I would care more about that person's political opinion than I do the average Hollywood celebrity's.

Reactions: Rev. Hellh0und

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
I don't particularly admire Trump. But you know who did? Hollywood. How do you think Trump got that star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Celebrities like Harrelson spent years palling around with Trump. Send Woody Harrelson a dinner invite and see what kind of response you get. They laughed it up with him on talk shows. They gave him cameos in movies and TV shows. They treated him like New York royalty and like he was some kind of super competent businessman. They gave him his own tv show based on that premise.
People like Harrelson spent decades normalizing Trump. So pardon me if I don't buy into them acting like they knew better all along. You could flip open a phone book and pick a name at random and I would care more about that person's political opinion than I do the average Hollywood celebrity's.

Thats the thing, they loved him. Until they hated him.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Remember when Art of the Deal made the best seller list? Trump bought the first 5,000 copies. Don't blame Hollywood.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Brilliant move, and a common practice. I think the scientologists started it
Richard Branson publishes scathing letter from Donald Trump
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/richard-branson-scathing-letter...
Oct 01, 2017 · Richard Branson says Trump is a ‘dangerous individual’. It was not to be the last time the two businessmen exchanged heated words. Shortly before the 2016 presidential election, Mr Branson published a blog post on his website imploring voters not to vote for Mr Trump.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Richard Branson publishes scathing letter from Donald Trump
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/richard-branson-scathing-letter...
Oct 01, 2017 · Richard Branson says Trump is a ‘dangerous individual’. It was not to be the last time the two businessmen exchanged heated words. Shortly before the 2016 presidential election, Mr Branson published a blog post on his website imploring voters not to vote for Mr Trump.

Richard branson? Hes a john mcafee. Way less cool.