'A brutal dinner': celebrities talk about meeting Donald Trump

Jan 2016
Colorado
Remember when Art of the Deal made the best seller list? Trump bought the first 5,000 copies. Don't blame Hollywood.
Well, hey, Donald Trump bought the first 5,000 copies of his ghost-written book, so that he could sell them to his friends at a dollar less than they could get anywhere else!

And one copy was for his then-wife Ivana, and she got HER copy for TWO whole dollars off!

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
"I don't particularly admire Trump."

LOL!

Sure. Just like you didn't particularly vote for him.

And I'm going to call bullshit on your post (as usual), too. He was never embraced by "Hollywood" and especially, never "treated like royalty" in NY. Most New Yorkers loathed him for as long as he's been in the public eye. He was, however, a consummate attention whore who literally did anything to get his name in the papers and hear himself interviewed on TV or radio.

Moreover, if it wasn't for the jerkoff Mark Burnett, 3/4 of America still wouldn't have the slightest idea of who he was.
Trump has been a national celebrity since the 80's. Thanks in part to dozens of interviews on shows like David Letterman and Howard Stern. He has also had cameos in movies and on TV.
Never embraced huh?

The A-List Celebrities Who Used to Flock to Trump's Mar-a-Lago Estate in the 90s
Donald Trump’s fall from hip-hop grace: From rap icon to public enemy No. 1

You should be more mad at them for normalizing Trump than me.

What was Woody Harrelson doing at Trump Tower in the first place? Why don't you try inviting Woody Harrelson to dinner and see what you get?

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
What was Woody Harrelson doing at Trump Tower in the first place? Why don't you try inviting Woody Harrelson to dinner and see what you get?
The article says Jesse Ventura was looking at the possibility of being Trump's running mate for 2004 so this was an exploratory meeting wrt that. and Ventura brought his pal Harrelson along for moral support, which apparently turned out to be sorely needed.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Woody is a joke. If I was at a dinner with trump, I'd talk over him, be louder, and piss him off for fun.... I wouldn't go hide in a shithouse and smoke weed, crying about the guy taking up the whole conversation.

C'mon Rev., why can't you act like an adult once in awhile. Someone says he did not enhoy the company of The Twitter Twit and you've feel obligated to insult him. It's fucking ridiculous, like snotty children.
Woody a "joke?" Why? long sucessful career and an actor and playwright, 3 Academy Award nominations, 5 Emmy Award nomonations with a win in 1989. Numerous other awards in hs industry, worth about $65 million.

What the fuck is with you people you get hysterical if anyone fails to lovingly kiss Trump's orange fat ass?

Jul 2019
Atlanta
C'mon Rev., why can't you act like an adult once in awhile. Someone says he did not enhoy the company of The Twitter Twit and you've feel obligated to insult him. It's fucking ridiculous, like snotty children.
Woody a "joke?" Why? long sucessful career and an actor and playwright, 3 Academy Award nominations, 5 Emmy Award nomonations with a win in 1989. Numerous other awards in hs industry, worth about $65 million.

What the fuck is with you people you get hysterical if anyone fails to lovingly kiss Trump's orange fat ass?
Rev lives in a world of fantasy.

Good post.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
This is more a commentary about Woody Harrelson's inability to deal with slightly stressful social situations without using drugs.
Who cares? Woody is not the President Woody can be the biggest asshole in the world and it has no impact of the safety and welfare of the country.
Not so with the man sitting in the WH.