'A brutal dinner': celebrities talk about meeting Donald Trump

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Twenty plus democrat candidates for president and y'all couldn't find anyone 1/2 as smart as President Trump.

Come 2020, even more of you lefties are going to need serious therapy
You're joking, right?
Did you watch that video, Trump's stupid and arrogant statement?

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I don't particularly admire Trump. But you know who did? Hollywood. How do you think Trump got that star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Celebrities like Harrelson spent years palling around with Trump. Send Woody Harrelson a dinner invite and see what kind of response you get. They laughed it up with him on talk shows. They gave him cameos in movies and TV shows. They treated him like New York royalty and like he was some kind of super competent businessman. They gave him his own tv show based on that premise.
People like Harrelson spent decades normalizing Trump. So pardon me if I don't buy into them acting like they knew better all along. You could flip open a phone book and pick a name at random and I would care more about that person's political opinion than I do the average Hollywood celebrity's.

Nah, I have NEVER admired Trump.

Reactions: BigLeRoy
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Why not? I just explained to you how they spent decades normalizing him. Let me ask you something. Do you think Trump suddenly turned into what he is today? He didn't. He was always like this. And celebrities like Harrelson didn't have shit to say about it until now.
You should be more mad at them than me. I can comfort myself with the judges Trump nominates. What do you have now?
NO ONE REALLY expected for a B-list media whore "celebrity" to even run for President, much less actually get elected.
They were not "normalizing" anyone, they were doing what the industry always does, making money.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
NO ONE REALLY expected for a B-list media whore "celebrity" to even run for President, much less actually get elected.
They were not "normalizing" anyone, they were doing what the industry always does, making money.
Trump is the same guy he's always been for decades. Why were they hanging out with and normalizing a lying, racist, sexual assaulter?

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
well I will let you know when I give a fuck what you believe.

Do you mean the poster or the city?

The former is just nasty as fuck all the time, the other is a shithole full of entitled douchebags.
Actully, Hollywood is not a city. It is a community, a district WITHIN the city of Los Angles.
You're welcome.

Now, now, play nice of you get no cookie at recess tme.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Trump is the same guy he's always been for decades. Why were they hanging out with and normalizing a lying, racist, sexual assaulter?
All of America including the Evangelicals has accepted womanizers and pedophiles, liars and racists.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
All of America including the Evangelicals has accepted womanizers and pedophiles, liars and racists.
Yeah. I'll bet the Clintons never thought that spending so much time in the 90's arguing that character doesn't matter and that you don't have to be a good person to be a good president would come back to bite them like this.
Plus, this is Hollywood we're talking about here. You can't swing a stick without hitting a pedophile, liar, racist, or worse. Only Hollywood could have an institutional scandal like Harvey Weinstein and #MeToo and then think that they have standing to lecture the rest of the country.