A comparison of how the NFL treated Christian Tim Tebow vs. openly gay Michael Sam

Nov 2008
Washington state
tim tebow and collins.jpg
As an avid football fanatic (go Patriots!), I was really surprised to see the media’s reaction to the first openly gay player, Michael Sam. Honestly, I didn’t think it deserved that much attention. Last time I checked, most football fans didn’t care about the love life of the players.
The entire situation is marvelous display of the left’s hypocrisy. Anyone remember Tim Tebow, the man who shamelessly expressed his devotion to God? He was mocked for his beliefs and actions all the time, and the NFL never made a big deal out of it.
So I have a great idea. Let’s see how many times players get in trouble for “offending” Michael Sam and the gay community in the next year. After all, it has already started. Don Jones, safety for the Miami Dolphins, has already been penalized with a fine for negative tweets towards Michael Sam, and he’s not the only one getting in trouble.
From The Blaze:
DeMarcus Walker is a sophomore defensive end for Florida State, the reigning champs of college football. Whether his football skills develop into widespread acclaim, we do not know yet.
But after Walker posted a couple of Twitter messages on the heels of Michael Sam’s historic draft by the St. Louis Rams Saturday, a first for an openly-gay player, Walker could be getting a bit more attention, as Twitchy notes:

That message comparing how Sam has been received regarding being openly gay versus how Tim Tebow was received in regard to being openly Christian has been retweeted more than 9,000 times as of Sunday night.
Later Walker posted a cartoon offering a similar comparison: How the media and culture treated Tebow versus how it treated Jason Collins, the first openly-gay NBA player:

This doesn't surprise me. Tim Tebow was attacked numerous times over his Christianity by the media. Will be interesting how they treat Michael Sam the openly Gay player. I'll give you one guess. He's a hero​

May 2012
By the wall
The left hates Christianity and will attack it every time they can.

Anything that opposes Christianity is therefore something to be commended.

Nov 2008
Washington state
The left hates Christianity and will attack it every time they can.

Anything that opposes Christianity is therefore something to be commended.
They will never claim that. They will go at this as though they are supported by God and Christians are all misled

ARMCX1

Former Staff
Jun 2013
SoCal
Perhaps what you misunderstand is that the theme of your posts seems to be the praise of a Christian theocracy. You've posted that Christians should be allowed to discriminate against gays on the basis of biblical verses. I get the feeling you would like a government based upon bible verses rather than the constitution.

May 2013
Boise, ID
Tebow wore his religion on his sleeve. Sam was simply truthful about who he is. He won't be wearing his sexual preference on his sleeve in the NFL. It's irrelevant.