A Dark Day in American History.

Sep 2016
My own world
Travel is wonderful. Unfortunately, I just canceled my trip to China in June due to the coronavirus. :(

I once met a guy in Tennessee who hadn’t been much further west than Columbia, Tn, or much further east than Cookville, Tn, but he was convinced he lived in the greatest place on earth. I asked him how he would know such a thing if he had never left the area; and he said he just knew. That is the mentality of some who don’t travel.

My FIL had sepsis in Spain while we were traveling. I drove him to a hospital in Norte Madrid, and after a month in the hospital he was able to fly home. He spent 2.5 weeks in the Unidad Cuidado Intensivo (ICU), and was put into a medical coma. The hospital was a private hospital, but the doctors said they work there and public hospitals both. Due to his condition, we opted to get him into the ER there, which saved his life. Not bad socialized medicine for $56,000. One of his college buddies died around the same time due to sepsis, because here in the States surgeons want to cut, and it killed his friend.

I had a heart-attack, and was out of the hospital with a stent in like 2-3 days. My bill was around $52,000. I think I would have rather had the heart attack in Spain. If nothing else, the people there were wonderful.

When I was in Copenhagen, I was talking to a taxi driver about the taxes there. They are indeed very high; however, it pays for so much that we normally would have to pay out of pocket for here in the States. Their city was clean, the people were healthy, happy and prosperous.
Agree, much of the western world outside the US is indeed as good if not better than life in the US. If nothing else the pace of life is more easy going, people just seem to be calmer.

Jan 2014
California
My dear Ms Knoetze, the matter has nothing to do with grammar. One just runs the risk of appearing slightly ridiculous (not to mention pretentious) when using a foreign phrase with which one is not sufficiently familiar as to spell it correctly. The choice is yours - you can take umbrage at such information, or you can take it in the spirit it is offered, with the bonus of becoming better informed.

For myself, I realise that my grasp of language is far from perfect, and I am always happy to receive correction. E.g: I have a number of close friends who are German, and from whom I am happy to receive instruction in that language in matters of spelling, grammar, and pronunciation - and they request the same of me in respect of the English language. It is a form of quid pro quo, and none of us feel threatened by the exchange. :)
Mr. Leo,

Whoo whoo, that's the sound of the beast

Whoo whoo, that's the sound of the grammar police...

Tip o the hat to KRS-One

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Somewhere below 14th and East.
On this day , February 05 2020 - That raw feeling you might be feeling is the pitch of your stomach is the natural human reaction to our great nation being diminished. Our once proud and deliberative Senate will surrender it's coequal authorities over to the state - and to Trump. This is a dark day in American history.

hahahahaha the continued meltdown and never ending tantrum of the left is marvelous!

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
No, sorry, it isn't. This shambolic, undemocratic, pitiful, cowardly gang that at present rules the world's greatest deliberative body is on the way out the fuckin door, and now they've crossed a threshold that they can't obfuscate or withdraw from. That was true yesterday, and now Mitt Romney has left them no defense at all to any thinking voter. Every time someone lies, cheats and steals in order to win, it hurts the people they lied to, cheated and stole from.

But the backlash is coming. And there's only so many Fox News contracts to go around.

lol yer so angry. Lol

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
So did the Rev although he claims he didn't too. :lol:
If I voted for him I’d be dragging that fact across your face like a pair of..... why the fuck would you trolls think Id hide that fact if I did or that I would care to hide that fact from idiots and jerks on this forum? You make no fucking sense.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Last president that had an enemies list ended up being the most hated President in history.

Chilling but so true. Little by little Trumplicans are given Trump the power to be King. He is literally breaking the law in broad daylight getting away with it, he's not being held to account but instead getting rewarded.

Lol, and you are losing to “trumplicans“. Think about that for a moment.

Jan 2014
California
LOL, My dear Ms Knoetze, full marks for originality, but none so blind ... (Wikipedia is at hand if you are unfamiliar with the quotation.) :D
Mr. Leo,

Whoo whoo, that's the sound of the beast

Whoo whoo, that's the sound of the grammar police...

Tip o the hat to KRS-One