A message for Warren & Sanders.

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
No, my not wanting to live in a nanny state does not imply that is one of only two choices. It only implies that I wouldn't want to live in your preferred state.

You've been exposed as a liar.
No, not by a long shot.

My preferred state: When a young man crashes his motorcycle, we put him in an ambulance and treat his injuries even if he doesn't have insurance. In fact, in my preferred state, we follow the lead of the entire rest of the civilized world and provide health insurance for everyone.

In your preferred state, we say, "sorry, Charlie," and leave him beside the road, or make him pay for his hospitalization for the rest of his life.

You don't want to live in my preferred state, and I don't care to live in yours.

Reactions: grassvoter
Apr 2018
oregon
No, not by a long shot.
True, it was a short, easy shot to expose your lie.
My preferred state: When a young man crashes his motorcycle, we put him in an ambulance and treat his injuries even if he doesn't have insurance.
I'm fine with that. Then he gets billed for services rendered, just like other adults.
In fact, in my preferred state, we follow the lead of the entire rest of the civilized world and provide health insurance for everyone.
That would be a nanny state that provides things to adults that they should provide for themselves.
In your preferred state, we say, "sorry, Charlie," and leave him beside the road,
Incorrect.
or make him pay for his hospitalization for the rest of his life.
The length of time a person uses to pay their debt is entirely up to them. It could take one week, it could take many years. I personally go for higher payment, short term loans to avoid excessive interest. However, if another free adult wants minimal payments over a longer term, that's their choice.
You don't want to live in my preferred state, and I don't care to live in yours.
Agreed. And right now you live in mine. Perhaps a move to a high tax nanny state country is your solution? I can tell you one thing: the way this country is going politically, we won't have UHC for a very long time, if ever. Best to adult-up and make arrangements to pay the people you hire.

Perhaps you could make a plea to your ruler "Scarcity" to help pay such things. :lol:

Feb 2011
True, it was a short, easy shot to expose your lie.

I'm fine with that. Then he gets billed for services rendered, just like other adults.

That would be a nanny state that provides things to adults that they should provide for themselves.

Incorrect.

The length of time a person uses to pay their debt is entirely up to them. It could take one week, it could take many years. I personally go for higher payment, short term loans to avoid excessive interest. However, if another free adult wants minimal payments over a longer term, that's their choice.

Agreed. And right now you live in mine. Perhaps a move to a high tax nanny state country is your solution? I can tell you one thing: the way this country is going politically, we won't have UHC for a very long time, if ever. Best to adult-up and make arrangements to pay the people you hire.

Perhaps you could make a plea to your ruler "Scarcity" to help pay such things. :lol:
So, now we're even.

You think I lied.

I know you are when you claim that paying collectively for health insurance is a "nanny state." If that were so, every modern nation except the US would be a nanny state.

Well, just to be fair, neither of us is lying, really. We're just expressing a difference of opinion.

And, for the record, mine is right.

Reactions: grassvoter
Feb 2011
Britain is it's own country they can do what they want.....well after Brexit kicks in. Until then. Brussels owns them.
Yes, and the US can do what we want as well. The question is, do we want to continue to pay more for health care than anyone else in order to support a failed ideology?
Or do we want to do what works?

Jan 2007
Yes, and the US can do what we want as well. The question is, do we want to continue to pay more for health care than anyone else in order to support a failed ideology?
Or do we want to do what works?

What plan are you referring to? Haven't seen one or the details of it yet. As for obamacare, some benefitted, some didn't. According to folks like Warren it will be the most awesome ever and rich people will pay for it. getting past her fantasy , what is reality?

Apr 2018
oregon
So, now we're even.
No, you're odd. :lol:
You think I lied.
I know you lied, and posted proof of such.
I know you are when you claim that paying collectively for health insurance is a "nanny state."
I didn't say that. I said a nanny state covers things that should be paid by responsible adults. If people want to voluntarily join a collective to mitigate healthcare costs, that's not a nanny state. When they're forced to do it, it is.
If that were so, every modern nation except the US would be a nanny state.
It's not my problem that other countries have traded their liberty for higher taxes and nanny state government bureaucracies. Move to one if you don't like our system.
Well, just to be fair, neither of us is lying, really. We're just expressing a difference of opinion.
No, you lied about me presenting a two-choice option for society.
And, for the record, mine is right.
That would be a broken record of lies.