A new low. Linda Sarsour tries to scam donations

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
I'm looking at the link - what indicates that it's a PAC? Admittedly, it's sparse on information, and as such, I wouldn't use it to donate ... but still, what indicates it's a PAC?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm looking at the link - what indicates that it's a PAC? Admittedly, it's sparse on information, and as such, I wouldn't use it to donate ... but still, what indicates it's a PAC?
Together we will organize and advocate for our devastated communities, shining a spotlight on inequalities that emerge in the restoration of lives, livelihoods, and homes, amplifying the needs of hard-hit communities, and providing legal assistance for residents wrongfully denied government support
They are saying that instead of providing disaster relief that people desperately need right now, they'll use the money to community organize a few months later.
They are not providing shelter, food, water, clothing or necessities that people need right now. They are trying to get money that people are sending to help those victims so that they can use it to lobby later.

Jan 2007
They are saying that instead of providing disaster relief that people desperately need right now, they'll use the money to community organize a few months later.
They are not providing shelter, food, water, clothing or necessities that people need right now. They are trying to get money that people are sending to help those victims so that they can use it to lobby later.
What does she want to do? Recruit for Islam? She is the darling of non thinking leftest feminists.

Jul 2017
U.S.A.
If that's their disclaimer, then what's the problem?
People can donate or not based on that, no?
I know I'm not going to buy a stupid hat from an idiot trying to extort this hurricane.

Jan 2014
California
I know I'm not going to buy a stupid hat from an idiot trying to extort this hurricane.
Mr. Idiocracat,

Exactly, liberals and scam artist go together like hand and glove.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
She calls it hurricane relief in her tweet. It's not.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Rebuilding in areas impacted by Harvey will be most challenging for marginalized communities. Nearly a quarter of Houstonians live in poverty, approximately 550,000 people, and there are about 575,000 immigrants in the Houston metro area. We will work to ensure that Harvey's most vulnerable victims have access to critical services from first response and basic needs to healthcare, housing and transportation.

Together we will organize and advocate for our devastated communities, shining a spotlight on inequalities that emerge in the restoration of lives, livelihoods, and homes, amplifying the needs of hard-hit communities, and providing legal assistance for residents wrongfully denied government support.

I don't see how this is Pac - in fact many victims of Hurricane Sandy had to jump through multiple hoops and long wait times to finally get their federal aid - seems like helping them legally through the claims process is their goal.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
There is nothing wrong with donating to the immense effort rebuilding will entail.