A New Party Is Born: The Tax Wall Street Party

Aug 2013
Nowhere
They name themselves after a single issue, but their platform is bit longer than that. The Tax Wall Street Party is a new party born of the United Front Against Austerity, and their platform is very much like this movement's, only elaborated some. It is unclear whether they are setting up as a national party as of yet, or only running candidates in New York. Their major campaign of choice for this cycle is nominating Randy Credico for New York City Mayor. The things in this platform that I don't personally agree with are the tariff, and the refusal to pay parity for GM crops.

Another third party, and while we have an institutionalized two-party system, a valiant, yet futile effort. Perhaps there can come a day when we have a proportionally represented, multi-party system, and then Americans will have real choice.

Main website.
Welcome | Tax Wall Street Party

Platform
http://taxwallstreetparty.org/program

Last edited:

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
They name themselves after a single issue, but their platform is bit longer than that. The Tax Wall Street Party is a new party born of the United Front Against Austerity, and their platform is very much like this movement's, only elaborated some. It is unclear whether they are setting up as a national party as of yet, or only running candidates in New York. Their major campaign of choice for this cycle is nominating Randy Credico for New York City Mayor. The things in this platform that I don't personally agree with are the tariff, and the refusal to pay parity for GM crops.

Another third party, and while we have an institutionalized two-party system, a valiant, yet futile effort. Perhaps there can come a day when we have a proportionally represented, multi-party system, and then Americans will have real choice.

Main website.
Welcome | Tax Wall Street Party

Platform
Program | Tax Wall Street Party
Oh gee isn't this just clever. Tax them, those bastards pass it to us. That's a fucked up way to increase taxes across the damn board. Let's all get in on this plan man, we can pay these taxes and most likely have austerity too. Hey, I wonder if everyone knows about the last round of austerity monies, it went to Wall Street in the form of bank subsidies.

Good grief!

Nov 2011
Spread the word to all the libs that they don't have to settle for democrat malfeasance any more. Now there's a left wing party they can vote for instead. I think this is a most excellent alternative and I wish them much luck getting high numbers of liberal votes.

Nov 2011
I couldn't let such a fine thread sink to the bottom and out of sight without the attention it deserves. [MENTION=24540]Suppiluliuma[/MENTION] was kind enough to inform everyone that there is another left wing alternative party. One that won't sell out the progressive ideals like the democrats do. I think it's a wonderful thing that democrats now have a new choice in a political party to support.

You're welcome.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I couldn't let such a fine thread sink to the bottom and out of sight without the attention it deserves. [MENTION=24540]Suppiluliuma[/MENTION] was kind enough to inform everyone that there is another left wing alternative party. One that won't sell out the progressive ideals like the democrats do. I think it's a wonderful thing that democrats now have a new choice in a political party to support.

You're welcome.
My only hope at this point is that when they protest they'll wear some kind of period garb and carry offensive signs. That would rock.

Nov 2011
My only hope at this point is that when they protest they'll wear some kind of period garb and carry offensive signs. That would rock.
AS long as they're promising to tax the hell out of wall street and "power to the people" (in the form of entitlements), I'm sure there will be great support from democrats; period garb and offensive signs or not. :)

michaelr

Former Staff
Dec 2006
FEMA Region 10
AS long as they're promising to tax the hell out of wall street and "power to the people" (in the form of entitlements), I'm sure there will be great support from democrats; period garb and offensive signs or not. :)
Really? You think Wall Street would pay taxes? Hell get a puppet, start a party calling for taxes on Wall Street, because in the long run, all Americans will pay more taxes.

Doesn't sound to smart to me! Besides, Wall Street, and multinationals are exempt from paying taxes.

Nov 2011
Really? You think Wall Street would pay taxes? Hell get a puppet, start a party calling for taxes on Wall Street, because in the long run, all Americans will pay more taxes.

Doesn't sound to smart to me! Besides, Wall Street, and multinationals are exempt from paying taxes.
It doesn't have to actually be smart. It just has to sound good enough to draw votes from the next democratic presidential candidate and give those people a better choice. :) Choice is good.

Sep 2013
Oklahoma
Considering the dregs of the republican party that are on display for our upcoming 2016, I doubt the dems have much to worry about.

Ted "Doesn't Understand Green Eggs and Ham" Cruz?

Nov 2011
Considering the dregs of the republican party that are on display for our upcoming 2016, I doubt the dems have much to worry about.

Ted "Doesn't Understand Green Eggs and Ham" Cruz?
Worry? The dems should rejoice. Democrats now have a wonderful new choice and aren't locked into the same politicians that have been selling out to corporate special interests all these years. That's a good thing for democrats. :)