A question to those of faith

Aug 2018
Vancouver
I must say that I want to believe in life after death, or some way our spirits live on and that we will one day reunite with our loved ones. At this time in my life I’m in mourning for my brother, who died four months ago. The thought of reuniting someday gives me solace, even though my faith is shaky.
To me, that's worth four mornings a month and exposing my kids to a wamr loving environment where they grow comfortable dealing with elderly people and different families.

Do I need to go hand out pamphlets? No. Can I drop by and set up some tables for a fundraiser to sponsor a Syrian family? And drop 50 bucks while I'm there? Yeah. Yeah I can do that.

Nov 2016
Maryland
To me, that's worth four mornings a month and exposing my kids to a wamr loving environment where they grow comfortable dealing with elderly people and different families.

Do I need to go hand out pamphlets? No. Can I drop by and set up some tables for a fundraiser to sponsor a Syrian family? And drop 50 bucks while I'm there? Yeah. Yeah I can do that.
Since I retired, I’ve had time to do some community service work. Twice a month, I meet with a Christian sewing group that makes comforters and baby clothes and diapers for service groups. They are such a bunch of nice ladies, who keep restoring my faith that there is good in humanity. This really doesn’t have anything to do with the loss of my brother, but when the news, and these online forums, are so full of hateful vitriol, my sewing circle friends are a spiritual lifeline.

Apr 2014
Maryland
By logic we don’t know if we will wake up tomorrow, but those that have faith believe they will. Atheist believe they have all the answers while those of faith are searching for answers. It’s Illogical for an Atheist (that thinks they have all the answers) to tell a person of Faith they can’t search for answers. The Atheist certainly doesn’t know everything or they would be searching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s something funny about you saying that atheists believe they have all the answers...no we don’t!! .the difference is that we don’t know the answers. You do! An invisible man in. The sky went “poof” and everything was set in place.
Atheists are searching....it’s called science! You know that an ark took two of everything and flooded the world. We don’t believe it. You believe that a man walked on water, we know he couldn’t do that. You are the one with all the answers and we are the ones who question

Apr 2014
Maryland
That relates to my question to the OP how?
You liberals LOVE to bash Christianity but Islam is your sacred cow (don't want to piss off the base)
Just like the Communist party USA, Islam is using the Democrat(ic) party to rise to power and will turn on you like a pit bull when enough gain power. You will see.
How ridiculous..not to mention hateful. Trump has you right where he wants you, scared shitless !

Nov 2008
Washington state
There’s something funny about you saying that atheists believe they have all the answers...no we don’t!! .the difference is that we don’t know the answers. You do! An invisible man in. The sky went “poof” and everything was set in place.
Atheists are searching....it’s called science! You know that an ark took two of everything and flooded the world. We don’t believe it. You believe that a man walked on water, we know he couldn’t do that. You are the one with all the answers and we are the ones who question
Why do Atheist get so angry about something they don’t believe in? It’s like they want to silence people that have found peace in God. I honestly have never meant a peaceful Atheist

Dec 2014
Opal mining
Why do Atheist get so angry about something they don’t believe in? It’s like they want to silence people that have found peace in God. I honestly have never meant a peaceful Atheist

Another false generalisation. When did I get angry with you? You are frustrating because you aren't very bright, and your an overt bigot, therefore quite repulsive, but I never became angry. I do, however often leave the discussion shaking my head.

You however, are angry at everyone who doesn't think like you, e.g. liberals, Jews, gays and atheists.

Last edited:

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA

If you have never met a peaceful Atheist, then you must not get out much.

Last estimate is about 10% of the population is Atheist.

And a growing number of younger people tend not to believe in a God either

Canada leads all countries with a 28 percentage-point difference between younger and older people on the question of whether they affiliate with a particular religion. Denmark, South Korea, Australia and Norway follow. In the United States, younger adults aged 18 to 39 years are 17 percent less likely to claim a religion than adults aged 40 and over.

Losing their religion: Younger adults are less religious, and not only in the US - Religion News Service

Nov 2008
Washington state
If you have never met a peaceful Atheist, then you must not get out much.

Last estimate is about 10% of the population is Atheist.

And a growing number of younger people tend not to believe in a God either

Canada leads all countries with a 28 percentage-point difference between younger and older people on the question of whether they affiliate with a particular religion. Denmark, South Korea, Australia and Norway follow. In the United States, younger adults aged 18 to 39 years are 17 percent less likely to claim a religion than adults aged 40 and over.

Losing their religion: Younger adults are less religious, and not only in the US - Religion News Service
Mainly going by how Atheist act on PH, which is way higher then the National average.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Another false generalisation. When did I get angry with you? You are frustrating because you aren't very bright, and your an overt bigot, therefore quite repulsive, but I never became angry. I do, however often leave the discussion shaking my head.

You however, are angry at everyone who doesn't think like you, e.g. liberals, Jews, gays and atheists.
I am not angry with everyone that doesn’t believe what I believe. That’s a false assumption on your part. I state what I believe and argue my point and some get offended by what I believe, call me names and ridicule me, but that’s just what happens when Atheist encounter a religious person. No big deal to me, I am comfortable with my beliefs, they have a hernia. A person comfortable with their beliefs doesn’t do that, which brings me to the point. Why does an Atheist get bent out of shape by what they don’t believe?