"A Warning" Reveals Trump's Staff Fears For Our Country

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
"Senior Trump administration officials considered resigning en masse last year in a “midnight self-massacre” to sound a public alarm about President Trump’s conduct, but rejected the idea because they believed it would further destabilize an already teetering government, according to a new book by an unnamed author.

In “A Warning” by Anonymous, obtained by The Washington Post ahead of its release, a writer described only as “a senior official in the Trump administration” paints a chilling portrait of the president as cruel, inept and a danger to the nation he was elected to lead.

*Skip*

The book contains a handful of startling assertions that are not backed up with evidence, such as a claim that if a majority of the Cabinet were prepared to remove Trump from office under the 25th Amendment, Vice President Pence would have been supportive.

Pence denied this on Thursday, calling the book “appalling” and telling reporters, “I never heard anything in my time as vice president about the 25th Amendment. And why would I?”

*Skip*

As he ranted about federal courts ruling against some of his policies, including the 2017 travel ban, the author writes, Trump once asked White House lawyers to draft a bill to send to Congress reducing the number of federal judges.

“Can we just get rid of the judges? Let’s get rid of the [expletive] judges,” the president said, according to the book. “There shouldn’t be any at all, really.”

The author portrays Trump as fearful of coups against him and suspicious of note-takers on his staff. According to the book, the president shouted at an aide who was scribbling in a notebook during a meeting, “What the [expletive] are you doing?” He added, “Are you [expletive] taking notes?” The aide apologized and closed the notebook.

*Skip*

"I am not qualified to diagnose the president’s mental acuity,” the author writes. “All I can tell you is that normal people who spend any time with Donald Trump are uncomfortable by what they witness. He stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information, not occasionally but with regularity. Those who would claim otherwise are lying to themselves or to the country.”

Sifting through the vague opinions of the author, there's almost no "there" there. I don't see where this book serves a purpose for the voting public.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: raj and Hollywood
Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Anyone who writes this and signs it "Anonymous" is a cowardly traitor if it's true and a liar if it's not.
It's weird. Hardly any factual allegations at all, according to the review. Why?

If the author fears Trump that much, then they shouldn't have written anything. I don't feel persuaded by vague opinions that Trump has a bad character.

Which I already knew.

raj

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
Anyone who writes this and signs it "Anonymous" is a cowardly traitor if it's true and a liar if it's not.
I understand the sentiment, but given what we've seen vis-a-vis the WB at the center of the impeachment hearings, I can understand this person's concerns for the safety and security of his/her loved ones. If we take the author's claims at face value, there may be other concerns as well, such as national security/intelligence clearance, etc.

At the very least, I believe it is a current or former member of the staff (probably not Scaramucci, but I suspect it is a male). The publisher would be taking far too great a risk if this was pure bullshit.

It's weird. Hardly any factual allegations at all, according to the review. Why?

If the author fears Trump that much, then they shouldn't have written anything. I don't feel persuaded by vague opinions that Trump has a bad character.

Which I already knew.
Still, there are some pretty outrageous claims in there, especially Trump's feelings about judges. And Pence's denial: “I never heard anything in my time as vice president about the 25th Amendment. And why would I?”

Rings less than hollow, IMO.

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Interesting - the person who wrote the book is still, apparently, working in the administration.

These parts I believe

The book depicts Trump as making misogynistic and racist comments behind the scenes.

(Tell us something we didn't already know)

The author argues that Trump is incapable of leading the United States through a monumental international crisis, describing how he tunes out intelligence and national security briefings and theorizing that foreign adversaries see him as “a simplistic pushover” who is susceptible to flattery and easily manipulated.

(It's well known that he does not bother with "briefings")

As he ranted about federal courts ruling against some of his policies, including the 2017 travel ban, the author writes, Trump once asked White House lawyers to draft a bill to send to Congress reducing the number of federal judges.

(Probably true, his "track record" with the courts has been, let's say, less than steller)

He stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information, not occasionally but with regularity. Those who would claim otherwise are lying to themselves or to the country.”

(Nailed it)

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
"Senior Trump administration officials considered resigning en masse last year in a “midnight self-massacre” to sound a public alarm about President Trump’s conduct, but rejected the idea because they believed it would further destabilize an already teetering government, according to a new book by an unnamed author.

In “A Warning” by Anonymous, obtained by The Washington Post ahead of its release, a writer described only as “a senior official in the Trump administration” paints a chilling portrait of the president as cruel, inept and a danger to the nation he was elected to lead.

*Skip*

The book contains a handful of startling assertions that are not backed up with evidence, such as a claim that if a majority of the Cabinet were prepared to remove Trump from office under the 25th Amendment, Vice President Pence would have been supportive.

Pence denied this on Thursday, calling the book “appalling” and telling reporters, “I never heard anything in my time as vice president about the 25th Amendment. And why would I?”

*Skip*

“Can we just get rid of the judges? Let’s get rid of the [expletive] judges,” the president said, according to the book. “There shouldn’t be any at all, really.”

The author portrays Trump as fearful of coups against him and suspicious of note-takers on his staff. According to the book, the president shouted at an aide who was scribbling in a notebook during a meeting, “What the [expletive] are you doing?” He added, “Are you [expletive] taking notes?” The aide apologized and closed the notebook.

*Skip*

"I am not qualified to diagnose the president’s mental acuity,” the author writes. “All I can tell you is that normal people who spend any time with Donald Trump are uncomfortable by what they witness. He stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information, not occasionally but with regularity. Those who would claim otherwise are lying to themselves or to the country.”

Sifting through the vague opinions of the author, there's almost no "there" there. I don't see where this book serves a purpose for the voting public.

Your thoughts?

Thoughts? So far the book has been shown to contain untruths and the author is hiding like a coward, its bullshit without backup.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Interesting - the person who wrote the book is still, apparently, working in the administration.

These parts I believe

The book depicts Trump as making misogynistic and racist comments behind the scenes.

(Tell us something we didn't already know)

The author argues that Trump is incapable of leading the United States through a monumental international crisis, describing how he tunes out intelligence and national security briefings and theorizing that foreign adversaries see him as “a simplistic pushover” who is susceptible to flattery and easily manipulated.

(It's well known that he does not bother with "briefings")

(Probably true, his "track record" with the courts has been, let's say, less than steller)

He stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information, not occasionally but with regularity. Those who would claim otherwise are lying to themselves or to the country.”

(Nailed it)

book is confirmation bias tribal garbage. One doesnt need a journalism degree to see that.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
If the allegations are true, and it wouldn't shock me one bit if they were, then others in the administration are well aware of it too. Thank God we finally had one person file a formal complaint and thank God other members of the administration have corroborated what's in the complaint.

Reactions: charleston2
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas

*Skip*

*Skip*

*Skip*

Your thoughts?
This thread should be under Conspiracy Theories or Political Humor.