About this guy "Reggie" on Youtube : Is this video racist

Is this video racist.

• Yes. The video is racist based on the provided definition.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No. The video is not racist.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

• It's certainly bigoted by doesn't qualify as racism under any definition. Please explain.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I watched the entired video and found nothing racist about it. Please explain.

• I did not watch the video. However , based on the OP summary do not think it's racist.

• Total voters

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

It's a little difficult to watch the whole video so I'll summarize. For those that watch the whole video all the way through I welcome any critique of my summary. "Reggie" starts off by reading off a list of proposed organizations substituting the word "black" with "white". He then asserts that if any of those groups actually existed they'd be unacceptable. He also claims that the "black" groups are all liberal. Seemingly he's ignorant of the fact that conservative groups have black organizations too. He goes on to say how very pissed off he is of what he claims is racism against whites. In doing so he criticizes every organization on his list as being racist. As well as anyone that supports them. He claims that white American's are tired of these groups. Which, of course, isn't true. Essentially, what he's saying is that the majority of African American's are racist. At one point he speaks to the black community directly and what he says is pretty offensive in of itself. "Stop blaming other people for your problems" he says.

There are various ethnic and culturally designated groups in American. So varied , in fact, we'd be hard pressed to find an American that's not represented. "Reggie" appears to be either ignorant of this fact or he just doesn't care. Also, one of the groups on his list is BET which is white owned and doesn't discriminated against anyone. The only group that qualifies as legitimately racist is The New Black Pathers. Others include the Congressional Black Caucus. In response to which he thinks there should be a "Congressional White Caucus" . Well, what would be the purpose of having a Congressional White Caucus in a body that predominately white. Of course, you guessed it, Black History Month is on the list. Which is always a favorite of white supremacist.

In determining whether the video is racist please use this definition.
White Supremacy, Whiteness and White Privilege
An aspect of Racism which often goes unconsidered is the idea of ‘whiteness’ as being the baseline from which everything else is judged. As with everything else in sociology, this idea started somewhere in history and is a social construction.

White

The term white, referring to people, was created by Virginia slave owners and colonial rulers in the 17th century. It replaced terms like Christian and “Englishman” (sic) to distinguish European colonists from Africans and indigenous peoples. European colonial powers established white as a legal concept after Bacon’s Rebellion in 1676 during which indentured servants of European and African descent had united against the colonial elite. The legal distinction of white separated the servant class on the basis of skin color and continental origin. “The creation of ‘white’ meant giving privileges to some, while denying them to others with the justification of biological and social inferiority.
What is Racism?

Last edited:

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Why would I assert that?
It's what you argued when you asserted "flipping the script" is sometimes the best way to illustrate racism. In this case from "black" to "white". Which means you're saying that if it were a white organization it would be racist. Please explain how that's not using an idea of "whiteness" as the basis for how everything else should be judged?