ACA dead, WALL & TRANS' on hold, floods no fun, on to TAX REFORM-pitfalls everywhere'

Jul 2015
Florida
ACA dead, WALL & TRANS' on hold, floods no fun, on to TAX REFORM--pitfalls everywhere

Trump just can't get no respect! So he's pivoting again! Or he's BORED so he is on to other things. Or his friends and family are being paraded to Mueller's little 'party' and he is a flailing. Now personally if I were any his handlers, I'd tell him DON'T BRING THIS UP while you are still plucking people out of the water. BAD OPTICS (really bad). He's desperate for a win or a distraction. Who knows? Even his half assed handled Texas tour was UNCONVINCING at best. Pathetic at its worst.

It has been my impression, understanding/inviolate/the holy grail of tax reform is a FIX or ELIMINATION of the ACA must come first. And yet here he goes! And before a BUDGET IS IN PLACE? How in the F do you do that? Isn't that legislative malpractice? And this doesn't bode well....

They’re nowhere. They’re just nowhere,” said Henrietta Treyz, a tax analyst with Veda Partners and former Senate
tax staffer. “I see them putting these ideas out as though they’re making progress, but they are the same regurgitated
ideas we’ve been talking about for 20 years that have never gotten past the white-paper stage.”

[FONT=&amp]Trump’s Pivot to Taxes Is Fraught With ‘Pitfalls Everywhere’

By Sahil Kapur
August 28, 2017, 4:00 AM EDT

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
  • Treasury secretary isn’t committing to tax overhaul in 2017
  • President doesn’t have details to pitch during tax campaign

Hubbard: President Most Important for Tax Reform

President Donald Trump is planning to kick off one of the most important sales pitches of his presidency this week -- getting Americans fired up about rewriting the U.S. tax code.

But there’s no plan to sell.

Basic questions remain unanswered. Will the changes be permanent or temporary? How will individual tax brackets be set? What rate will corporations and small businesses pay?
Instead of providing details that could help build support for a bill, the president will largely rely on the same talking points he and his advisers have highlighted since January: The middle class deserves a tax cut and businesses need changes to help them compete with global rivals.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin -- who earlier predicted having a tax bill done by August -- revealed the enormity of the task ahead on Friday: He didn’t commit to completing it by year’s end.

Follow the Trump Administration’s Every Move

“They’re nowhere. They’re just nowhere,” said Henrietta Treyz, a tax analyst with Veda Partners and former Senate tax staffer. “I see them putting these ideas out as though they’re making progress, but they are the same regurgitated ideas we’ve been talking about for 20 years that have never gotten past the white-paper stage.”

[/FONT]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-28/trump-s-pivot-to-taxes-is-fraught-with-pitfalls-everywhere

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Yeah Trump's legislative agenda is basically dead for the year --- hurricane first, must-pass legislation next. Unless McConnell and Ryan call Congress into extended session to do the president's bidding, which they're not going to do, there just aren't enough days left on the legislative calendar to get substantive reform passed. They can try to get something on taxes done next year, but there will be a lot of effort to do health care again so Republican incumbents don't have to campaign on a broken 8-year promise.

Never before has so much power been concentrated in the hands of one political faction with so little effect.

Reactions: 5 people
Jul 2015
Florida
Yeah Trump's legislative agenda is basically dead for the year --- hurricane first, must-pass legislation next. Unless McConnell and Ryan call Congress into extended session to do the president's bidding, which they're not going to do, there just aren't enough days left on the legislative calendar to get substantive reform passed. They can try to get something on taxes done next year, but there will be a lot of effort to do health care again so Republican incumbents don't have to campaign on a broken 8-year promise.

Never before has so much power been concentrated in the hands of one political faction with so little effect.
And such contempt for the people and the process.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Yet people still support them. Is there anyone here who can exapain why except the braindead?
Read this MaryAnne. Its an interesting look at Trump supporters and how they control politics.

".. 65 percent of republicans find the president a ghastly embarrassment to their party, but that won’t stop them from pushing their candidates to embrace him and his style of politics. Those over-50, white, non-college-educated voters are exactly the hardcore Republicans who come out in midterm elections. They’re the people who stormed the castle in 2010 and 2014 to stack the Congress with far right officials. And they scare the hell out of the GOP establishment, which — even after years of flag-waving and accusing liberals of hating America — is apparently willing to do whatever it takes to perpetuate the toxic politics of the man it perceives as “a bad guy.”

Most Americans strongly dislike Trump ? but the angry minority that adores him controls our politics - Salon.com

Jul 2015
Florida
Read this MaryAnne. Its an interesting look at Trump supporters and how they control politics.

".. 65 percent of republicans find the president a ghastly embarrassment to their party, but that won’t stop them from pushing their candidates to embrace him and his style of politics. Those over-50, white, non-college-educated voters are exactly the hardcore Republicans who come out in midterm elections. They’re the people who stormed the castle in 2010 and 2014 to stack the Congress with far right officials. And they scare the hell out of the GOP establishment, which — even after years of flag-waving and accusing liberals of hating America — is apparently willing to do whatever it takes to perpetuate the toxic politics of the man it perceives as “a bad guy.”

Most Americans strongly dislike Trump ? but the angry minority that adores him controls our politics - Salon.com
The hardcore back a coarse pussy grabbing 3 time married bombastic bankrupting deadbeat billionaire?

I don't get it!

Last edited:
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

Thanks Baj. I am going to suggest again you get Jeff Flak's book from the Liberary. He goes into great detail about what happened to his party.he names names and does not excuse anyone.

When he met Trump said," You are the one,who is triticale of me." Flakes answer?" Yes, Mister President. I am the other senator,the one who did not get captured and I want to talk to you about that,and other statements."

I wanted to make sure I had that right,so copied it right out of the book.