Academy Award discrimination

Jul 2014
midwest
Again.

Still.

As usual.

No female directors nominated.

Only one best actor nominee is a POC.

They are being slammed for doing what they've always done.

Same old racist, sexist Hollywood...

Reactions: Davocrat
Sep 2019
dfw, texas
Again.

Still.

As usual.

No female directors nominated.

Only one best actor nominee is a POC.

They are being slammed for doing what they've always done.

Same old racist, sexist Hollywood...
I disagree. I think people generally nowadays, not in red states or trump voters, do not give a damn what color or gender or religion or sexual orientation or any of that shit anyone is, but judge people more on content and character, or in this case, their talent and skill. look at how far football has come when in the last playoff games, 3 of the 4 starting qb's were black guys, and no one thought it was even worth talking about. when people are exposed to the truth about how little all of that other stuff matters, it ceases to be a big deal. who cares if no women were nominated? why not care no Asians were, or no Muslims? why not bitch that no farmers were nominated or astro-physicists?

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
I disagree. I think people generally nowadays, not in red states or trump voters, do not give a damn what color or gender or religion or sexual orientation or any of that shit anyone is, but judge people more on content and character, or in this case, their talent and skill. look at how far football has come when in the last playoff games, 3 of the 4 starting qb's were black guys, and no one thought it was even worth talking about. when people are exposed to the truth about how little all of that other stuff matters, it ceases to be a big deal. who cares if no women were nominated? why not care no Asians were, or no Muslims? why not bitch that no farmers were nominated or astro-physicists?
Big difference there. The QBs who play in the conference playoffs aren’t selected by owners, they got there on merit and winning.
The Academy Award nominations come from the rich white Hollywood elites and reserve the right to pick nominees from all sorts of film media. Much of their selections are decidedly political and yet feel the need to pick solely whites.

Mar 2019
Texas
The Oscars are nothing more than a pathetic circle jerk by Hollywood elites.

I would not waste one minute watching them.

Jul 2014
midwest
America's "news" media does not agree.

They are slamming Hollywood for their discrimination, racism, and favoritism.

Turn on your TV and see for yourself...

Reactions: pragmatic
Jul 2014
midwest

Agree with that.

The Oscars are "Too Male" and "Too White".

That's what the "news" is saying, anyway.

Some things never change...

#Oscarssowhite

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
You obviously arent on social media or watch network tv. Its all they have been talking about.

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
America's "news" media does not agree.

They are slamming Hollywood for their discrimination, racism, and favoritism.

Turn on your TV and see for yourself...
i really don't give a shit what others say, regardless of party. i think in this case, they voted for those they thought deserved it, and that is the way it should be.

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
Flame Baiting

like fox talking heads are not a pathetic circle jerk of trump loving bigots and punks. you probably get off on watching that circle jerk and wish you right there with them...