Active TB found in Indiana Refugees.

Sep 2014
United States
Ok, so the argument only those with latent TB are here is out the window.
Active tuberculosis (TB) is infectious, while so-called “latent TB” is not infectious. But 10 percent of those infected with latent TB develop active infectious TB.

In 2015, almost 400 migrants with latent TB settled in Indiana, according to state records. The state’s TB rate had declined for the 54 years up to 2010, but is now increasing as more migrants settle in the state.

“Tuberculosis is one of the most lethal infectious diseases in history,” Dr. Jane Orient, executive director of the Association of American Physicians and surgeons, told Breitbart News last week. “It is easily transmitted, say on a public bus [and] increasingly, it is becoming highly resistant to all our antibiotics,” she said.

CDC has failed to implement recommended screening procedures.

The arrival of four infectious TB cases in Indiana suggests the CDC has failed to implement the screening and testing procedures for U.S. bound refugees recommended in a December 2015 study published by seven current or former public health professionals at the CDC.

CDC only tests 3 out of 4 refugees for TB.

But only 77 percent of the 1,885 refugees resettled in Indiana in 2015 completed post-arrival medical screenings. It was among those screened that the four cases of active TB were detected.

There is no medical data on the other 23 percent of refugees — 420 in total — who did not complete post-arrival medical screenings.

Four Refugees With Infectious Tuberculosis Sent to Indiana in 2015 - Breitbart

Oh, and before the resident Libnuts come in to whine and cry about the source, and humiliate yourself, the link has links to the Indiana Dept of Health study.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2013
On a happy trail

Oh, and before the resident Libnuts come in to whine and cry about the source, and humiliate yourself, the link has links to the Indiana Dept of Health study.
No one made that argument as even latents can convert, if not treated or monitored carefully. Which is why latents should get a chest Xray at least once a year.... which has been a standard of the TB monitoring regimen for about forever.

Reactions: 2 people
Sep 2014
United States
No one made that argument as even latents can convert, if not treated or monitored carefully. Which is why latents should get a chest Xray at least once a year.... which has been a standard of the TB monitoring regimen for about forever.
Yes, that argument was made in the other thread on this.

Oct 2014
North of the Big City

Let it be noted that while goofball and I have disagreed on NUMEROUS issues, uncontrolled and unchecked immigration comes with undeniable dangers.

The First World is blessed with a comparatively healthy population, and has resources of many different kinds to spare - water, food, medicine, infrastructure, and so on. We are free not to consult holy texts before we make personal or governmental decisions, we are reasonably good at upholding the safety of children and the sanctity of women's rights, etc.

The advantages that we have are capable of being used to assist refugees in fear of their lives, but they can only be SUSTAINED if the influx of immigrants don't end up changing the practices that got us into that advantageous position in the first place.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Geez. That's a big fuck up.

When I was in school, the international students all got tested for TB. Every single one. And they're paying to be here.

This is not good at all...

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
That aside, God, stop using Breitbart. They are pure scum. There are several other sources that still have SOME integrity which advocate for the conservative view. A few have plenty.

Get that filthy name off our board, though. I suspect given how things have gone, Andrew would agree with me.

Wonderer

May 2014
Missouri
That aside, God, stop using Breitbart. They are pure scum. There are several other sources that still have SOME integrity which advocate for the conservative view. A few have plenty.

Get that filthy name off our board, though. I suspect given how things have gone, Andrew would agree with me.
I'm certain he would.

Sep 2014
United States

I will post links to whatever site I want. Links to the Indiana study are provided in the article.

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
I will post links to whatever site I want. Links to the Indiana study are provided in the article.
Use Breitbart to find real information if you really have to, but then post the real information. It's not a requirement, but you'd do us all a favor.