Actress Jessica Biel comes out as an anti vaxxer

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Says "its normal for her generation..." hmm..She is the new Jennie McCarthy. Guess Justin Timberlake agrees?

Jessica Biel declared herself a supporter of the anti-vaccination movement after spending the day lobbying lawmakers in the US with advocate Robert F Kennedy Jr.

The pair were voicing their opposition to a vaccine bill which seeks to limit medical exemptions in California and make it more difficult for parents to bypass the rules requiring children to be vaccinated before enrolling in school.

Posting on Instagram, Kennedy applauded Biel’s efforts, calling her “courageous” and for her to be applauded for “a busy and productive day”. Kennedy is chairman of Children’s Health Defense, an organisation that explicitly opposes the bill.

Kennedy called Biel “a very effective advocate”, as well as “very strong and very knowledgeable”. He said he would not label Biel “anti-vaxx”, calling that term “pharmaceutical propaganda” and “a lie”, adding instead: “I would say that she was for safe vaccines and for medical freedom.

Biel had not previously spoken in public on the issue, but in 2015 it was reported that she had declined to vaccinate her son with husband Justin Timberlake.

Jessica Biel joins campaigner lobbying against Californian vaccination law

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
What makes people do such stupid things? Don't they see what's going on because of people like them?
What bothers me is Biel runs a rather large "mommy group" on social media. I think she has several million followers. Even if a fraction of them agree with her, its dangerous. I knew some young moms a decade ago who became anti vaxxers because of Jennie McCarthy.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Also am noticing these anti vaxxers, Biel, Kennedy, DeNiro etc are using "fake news" and "lies" when they are called anti vaxxers. They say they are just pro choice.

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Not everyone believes that.

And, there is no justifiable reason to take away a persons choice when it comes to health care procedures.
It's not subjective. The study linking vaccinations and autism was long ago exposed as a fraud. Not vaccinating kids exposes them to diseases like measles and whooping cough. Some people can't vaccinate for health or other reasons. Unvaccinated people endanger them.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
There is if you are sending your disease carrying kids to public schools.
Agree, but also see this as a dangerous stance. Its not like kids just go to school and thats it. They go everywhere. Even if all kids that went to public school were vaccinated, we would still see outbreaks. Imagine the effect of one of these kids in a hospital visiting their grandma? Or boarding a flight? Its certainly easier to make public school the stance, but it wont solve really anything honestly.