Afghanistan signs 1st strategic pact _ with India

Jun 2006
Vancouver
The former head of our Secret Service, CSIS, stated publically a year or so ago that Indian intelligene was absolutely everywhere in Afghanistan, that they were the largest, best equiped, and most trusted foreign secret service in the field, and that they had money pouring into all sides and that they were the go-to contacts for Afghani government officials looking for business prospects... and that NATO partners were in total denial about it.

If the world made sense he would havebeen listened to, but he was completely ignored and even I don't remember his name.

I'm curious what you mean by the US "let" India play a larger role. I don't think they consulted anyone for permission.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
... I'm curious what you mean by the US "let" India play a larger role. I don't think they consulted anyone for permission.

The quote is from the article, not freecell. It was said by "analyst Lalit Mansingh, a former Indian foreign secretary and ambassador to Washington."

Weird sentence - can't tell if they mean former ambassador. Think so.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Afghanistan signs 1st strategic pact _ with India :: WRAL.com

Thoughts?

The U.S. is now willing to let India play a larger role in Afghanistan, and certainly Afghanistan wants it," said analyst Lalit Mansingh, a former Indian foreign secretary and ambassador to Washington. "After years of being sidelined, India is now regarded very much as part of the solution."
We LET sovreign countries form pacts and alliances with each other???????

Oct 2010
We LET sovreign countries form pacts and alliances with each other???????
Sadly we do now, Obama is weak. Cheney NEVER would have allowed this to happen on his watch.

Damn Libs are pissing away every opportunity to keep America on top.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Sadly we do now, Obama is weak. Cheney NEVER would have allowed this to happen on his watch.

Damn Libs are pissing away every opportunity to keep America on top.
Goodness, next that wuss Obama will be ALLOWING other countires to conduct their own affairs. Shocking!